Monday, January 31, 2011

Ready for the snow

Chemo brain can't really recall last night - I know I watched 190 North but can't remember after that. Nick was up first but then Ellie came in and asked Nick to come do shadow's on her wall - I got 10 more minutes of sleep. We got dressed and went down for breakfast. We got Ellie ready for school and off to the bus. I talked with Mom and we were going to go grocery shopping today to prepare for the "life threatening blizzard" that is supposed to hit tomorrow.
Mom came to pick us up and we stopped into Van Maur to exchange Mom's boots for a different size and then we headed to Target. We picked up a couple new movies - Despicable Me and Shrek the Final Chapter. We picked up Wendy's on our way to Aldi to grocery shop. I have to interrupt the re-cap of the day to say this could be the crappiest chemo week ever if this blizzard really pans out - it for sure will be crappy with the cold effect and the windchill and actual cold that will be coming. Done ranting.
I was able to pick up things for the just in case scenario - we have milk, bread and cheese. Mom dropped us back at home and Nick immediately watched Despicable Me. I checked email and had received an email from cleaning for a reason saying that they had received my doctor's note and would research cleaning companies in my area. Not even an hour later I got another email saying the companies in my area are booked and I should encourage my local cleaning companies to sign up and then I could re-apply (and ask my doctor for another note) at a later date. I have to say I am more than a bit disappointed - its not that I can't clean, it is that this has been so tauted and talked about that I can't believe that near a major cancer center there aren't more companies participating.
Nick and I bundled up to pick up Ellie from the bus stop -it was cold today (and not really that cold). Ellie worked on her homework and then her and Nick finished watching the movie. Rob came home with a friend and helped him with some video conversions. I got dinner set up so Rob just needed to put it in the oven. Ellie and I left for pottery - Nick really wanted to come with us. Nick apparently cranked the front window open and tried to escape.
Ellie and I glazed our pottery from the past few weeks and Ellie finished up her coil pot. When we left it was just starting to snow but had progressively fallen since. Dinner was ready when we got home and smelled good. We had dinner and then Rob went out to buy some more salt because it is better to be prepared than behind. I took a quick shower and then we got the kiddos to bed. I am watching the weather right now and I am so dreading the next couple days. Ellie's field trip was cancelled tomorrow - she was supposed to be going to Somme Woods for their Mighty Acorn's field trip - its a 3 part series (fall, winter and spring). Ellie was kind of bummed out but in light of the wind chills I am glad she won't be outside for 2 hours.
The fact that the prediction is for about 20" of snow makes me a bit sick. Ellie is supposed to have her first session with the therapist at cancer wellness tomorrow after school - in Northbrook. I am not looking forward to the drive there or back - Mom joked that Nick might have to spend the night at her house. The only sunny side of this prediction is that we live where we do and after 2" of snowfall the city comes out and does the public walkways with a bobcat. As true to the past infusions - I am feeling all better today and that will change tomorrow. Other rant of the day - our credit card number was part of a third party security breach (for about the 3rd time in a year) and we got new cards today. This frustrates me because I have to change over all our automatic charges - ipass, park district, cel-phones... and I have to memorize a new card number - oh well. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body, the snow to not start really coming down until after Ellie and I make it home tomorrow night and the new normal me - whoever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment