Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bears suck Sunday

I stayed on the couch for a while last night trying to become sleepy enough to go upstairs. When I finally made it up there it was decent sleep. The kids were up before me and Rob took Nick down - I got an extra 30 minutes. Rob was going to church and was taking the kids with but i stayed home. We got the kids dressed in their Bears apparel in hopes of a win.
I got some laundry done while they were at church and made some cinnamon rolls and cookies. I read the paper before the gang came home. It was an at home day because it was cold outside. The kids played well together for the most part. We had a dance party in the living room - I put on some favorite songs and we turn the volume up and go crazy dancing. I can survive for about 3 songs before I am out of breath and tired but the kids keep going and going like the Energizer bunny.
The kids made cute Chicago Bears cards for everyone - they helped each other out. I have to say both of the kids are really helping out around the house - we've never been a chore house with assigned chores or allowance but as the kids are getting older and to teach them about setting goals and earning money vs spending money - I've created a list on the fridge simply - What I can do if I want to help Mom out. There are about 8 things on the list ranging from laundry to garbage, organizing books to vacuuming. When we talked about the items on the list and how much each item might be worth - ranging from .25 to 1.00 and when the item is done the money can either be stored by us for a shopping trip or can be put into her bank. Nick has jumped on the bandwagon too and he did the garbage run with Rob today and this morning he took out the little broom and shovel and swept the kitchen floor.
We watched the disastrous Bears game. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner after half time. Mom had a nice spread with salad, broccoli, tortellini, fruit salad. This was the first time since surgery I have tried salad - I will let you know tomorrow if it was a smart move or not. We brought over the cookies we had made for dessert but Mom had tiramisu - yum. The kids were on a roll with cracking us up tonight. Tony squirted Nick with fake mustard and Nick took his shirt off because it was then dirty.
Dad gave Ellie his old itouch tonight and to say the girl was thrilled is an understatement. Dad picked up a Hello Kitty wrap for it and matching ear buds. Ellie didn't put it down until bedtime. We did a Scarlett change out - still very red and sore. We came home and got the kids in their PJs and then they each played with their itouches (Nick is very proficient on mine). We put the kiddos to bed and watched bad tv. Rob went up to bed a bit ago and I just put on a pot of water for tea. The wind is howling through the door - cold. Busy week ahead here - pottery tomorrow, Nick starts school again, Millietime, Toy Story on Ice.
So my teeth are beginning to bother me again with the dull pain. The good news is my feet aren't bothering me anymore with these new Uggs. My hands are still full of tinglies - I had to put the newspaper under the heat vent for about 30 minutes before I was able to open it up and read it. I am thankful that the claritin really did go back to working this infusion. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment