Friday, January 21, 2011

5th infusion has made me so sleepy

I went up at a normal hour last night and slept in bed all night. It was freezing here this morning and I was trying to decided if I should send Ellie out to wait for the bus or drive her but in the end sent her out to the bus stop. Nick and I had a kicked back morning - I pretty much fell asleep on the couch and Nick played on the rug. It was like every time I thought I had enough sleep I was drowsy again and needed more. Eventually, we braved the cold and went to Mom's.
We picked up Wendy's on the way over we immediately dug in - I was hungry and nauseous. Mom and I changed out Scarlett - she is un-happy again. An update on the ordering - I called my old friend, Jen Dore at the hospital to see if she had any magic she could work. I also called Hollister (the manufacturer) and they are sending me out a couple samples to hold me until the referral comes through. I had a few voice mails while at Mom's - 1st, Jen worked her magic with the HMO, 2nd the HMO sent the referral in for 12 months and finally Mark Drug is mailing out my order.
I somehow found my way to the couch again and that just naturally led me into sleep. Maybe I need to drink coffee on these post infusion mornings - its just the thought of all that acid with all the poison already in my system. Nick and I said goodbye to Mom and were on our way to pick up Ellie. Ellie came home with a huge smile on her face because she got 100% on her spelling test and it was some sort of special science day. We didn't stay home long because I had appointments for the kids to get their haircut.
We picked out their movies and Ellie went first - Ellie has a lot of hair and she wanted it short again - there was a bunch of hair on the floor when she was done but she looks super cute. Yvonne, the stylist, had asked how short we went with Nick's hair last time because she was thinking it looked pretty good still. I told her to take an inch off and he has the shortest haircut he has ever had but looks super handsome. His remark to Ellie while she was getting her haircut was, Ellie your hair looks like a beanbag?!?! not sure about that one but we all laughed.
We picked up Portillo's on the way home - I have had on/off nausea all day and dinner time it was full on. The kids asked if we could have movie night and Nick wanted to watch the movie with the big sister and little sister - again confused - Beezus and Ramona. We ate dinner, took a quick bath to get the hair off and returned to the couch for movie night. It was very cute, Nick was sitting in my lap and Ellie was on the opposite end of the couch and he pulled back the blanket and asked her to come cuddle with us.
So, the tear pain factor is still in effect - I started crying at the movie and was in instant eye tremor pain. My feet have gotten worst - it feels like I have ran a marathon barefoot - just constant throbby pain. I have become a complainer - I know. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whoever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Isn't expressing yourself and your feelings part of this whole blog process? By following your blog, we are participants in your road to wellness. That means we tolerate the complaining...it's part of the progress. As for the sleepiness...Dad is always telling me that sleep is precious. You NEED this sleep to heal. You know how hard chemo is on your body...let the sleep help to restore your body and your mind. Put on the comfy, soft socks, some moo butter and maybe your birki clogs. I think the Dansko clogs are a little too rigid to let your feet just relax. I think we'll bring over the footbath for you to try. You can just soak, you don't need to do all the bubbly stuff. I have foot soak you can add to the water to hydrate a bit. Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier?! Glad you're getting into bed earlier. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete