Wednesday, January 26, 2011

can you believe it - 250th post

I realized a couple days ago that my post tonight would be number 250 - amazing. I was so tired last night and when Rob said he was going up to bed - I went up with him. I had an average nights sleep - the house is too dry (even with humidifiers) and I don't have water by the bed anymore because it is too cold to drink. The kids were up early and played in Ellie's room until I got up at 7:30. I got the kids breakfast and Ellie a snack for school. I was still tired and so wanted to go back into bed. I watched Ellie walk to the bus stop - still treacherous with the ice.
I got Nick ready for school and then we were off - he happily walked in and I went back home and set the timer on the stove and fell asleep on the sofa. I woke up before the timer went off and got ready to pick up Nick. We went to Mom's house after school and Nick and Tony watched Despicable Me. Mom made the boys dino PB&Js, I made myself a grilled cheese.
Nick had an appointment at the lab in Northwestern today - so we left Mom's and went there. He got excited when we got there because he suddenly remembered that there were toys to play with. While I filled out the paperwork and signed the consent form - Nick played with Jenna (the student in charge of the study). Nick went and did the study which was comparing young 3 year olds with older 3 year olds and seeing their classification of animals, humans and things. Nick got to pick out a book and we were on our way home.
Nick played with legos and I read through the mail before we bundled up to walk down to get Ellie from the bus. Nick found a plastic bottle in the snow and we played soccer with it until the bus came and then Nick kicked it home to recycle it. Ellie did some of her homework when we got home and she joined Nick in playing. They both helped me switch loads of laundry - Nick pulling the clothes from the dryer, Ellie unloading the washer and both of them getting the fabric sheet in.
Rob got home and the kids sort of went momentarily nuts. I ordered pizza and went to pick it up while Rob gave the kids baths, Ellie finished her home work and they cleared and set the table. I left early enough to stop in Constructive Playthings on my way - I am looking for inspiration for the Valentine's craft for school. I got no inspiration there but got little plastic bags, some St. Patrick's day clings and tissue paper squares/ I got our pizza and headed home - I forgot how good stuffed pizza is - yum. We got vitamins ready, brushed teeth and tucked the kids in.
Nothing good on tv tonight - so it is just serving as background noise. Other than being tired, my feet are kind of acting up again. My gums are still hurting - kind of the tingle you get when you eat something spicy. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

2 comments:

  1. 250...WOW! Dr. Muldoon told you a year of your life...you're well past the half way mark. 3 more treatments, 2 more surgeries and a lifetime of a new, happy, normal you! Keep up the good work! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. T... Time flies, doesn't it? I sent you something UPS (We Love Logistics...haha), so be on the lookout. Its meant to be funny, but if its useful, even better. Miss you bunches!

    J

    ReplyDelete