Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Finds

I watched my usual tbs comedy tv last night and then food network and then I couldn't really find anything interesting and went up to bed. Rob was working a PM shift at work today so he was home until 1PM to join in our fun. The kids were us early, despite their late night last night. We had breakfast, got Ellie ready for school and off to the bus. We got dressed eventually and ready for the day.
I had read about a warehouse sale in Highland Park for an upscale kids shop in Andersonville and wanted to check it out. We had a nice, sunny ride up and found the spot eventually. We walked in and walked out in about 60 seconds. While they were very nicely organized by size, sex and price - the warehouse prices began at $15 a piece and went up to $60. There was one table of decorative letters (to spell out a name) and those were $20 a piece - warehouse sale my butt. The amazing part was women were packing boxes full of clothing and it wasn't like there was a fill a bag for $25 option.
We stopped by another thrift store while we were up North but found nothing good. We started making our way back home but something told me to stop at the Salvation "Stinky" Army - this is what Nick calls our local SA that I really don't care for because it is 1)stinky and 2) overstuffed with merchandise and even if you aren't claustrophobic you feel like you are in this store. Nick and I ran in while Rob waited out in the car - first score, two jumbo bags of duplo blocks (fun ones - racing cars, bob the builder and winnie the pooh) for $2.06 a bag and then we found a box of legos with thomas pieces and track for $4.06. To top off the score - a foam three eyed man head covering from Toy Story - we decided last night that Rob was going to be a three eyed man for Halloween because the kids got hats with their cotton candy last night - but the mask today is far superior.
We came home and consolidated our legos - we bagged up the mega block legos to donate to school. Rob left for work and Nick and I had a lovely lunch together. We played legos until it was time to get Ellie from the bus. Ellie was joining Rob tonight at school to help tape the dance performance and get to watch it too. I was dropping her off early so they could go to dinner together beforehand. Nick and I were having dinner with Mom and Dad. Nick was very happy to have Gramps back home to play with.
Mom made a most excellent dinner - scalloped cheesy potatoes, chicken meatballs, broccoli, fruit salad and a regular salad. My initial offering of salad last week worked and I have to tell you one of the first things I am eating when good old Scarlett is reversed is a huge salad - well maybe not one of the first things. Nick danced up a storm for us - entertaining as usual. He started doing Buzz Lightyear jumps off the ottoman and onto Dad, Mom or me - except you just had to watch him to know he was coming your direction - no advance warning.
We came home and I got Nick ready for bed - he knocked out pretty quick tonight. Rob and Ellie got home a bit ago - Ellie was super excited that she got to help tape and she got to go on stage and dance with the dancers. I was flipping through trying to find something to watch and landed on comedy central and watched Gabriel Inglesia - omg - too funny. I am hoping he books something near us on his tour.
Let's see what is bothering me today - only tinglies in my right hand. Teeth pain comes and goes. Bloody nose is still bloody. Not sure what is on the agenda for the weekend - Rob is doing some side work tomorrow - hmmm - what to do? Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment