Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday

I fell asleep on the couch just after midnight and not too much later Nick was screaming and crying upstairs. By the time I got to the stairs he was already at the bottom stair. I pulled him onto the couch with me to sleep and it kind of worked for a while but there just wasn't enough space for both of us. Around 2:30AM I picked him up and we went up to bed where he was equally jumpy. We got up this morning and had breakfast and got Ellie ready for school.
Mom picked Nick and I up and we dropped Nick off at preschool and drove out to Hobby Lobby to pick up my new framed art - looks awesome in the dark frames. We did a bit of shopping before heading back to pick up Nick. Nick had a great 1st day back at school and was very proud of his artwork. We picked up lunch and came back to our house.
We relaxed on the back couch this afternoon - I was trying to get Nick to nap with me but had no luck. I was able to fall asleep for a couple minutes before getting Ellie off the bus. Ellie and Mom worked on her homework together and Nick watched a bit more of his movie. The kids both were great helpers with dinner - Nick set the table and Ellie made our salad. Dad picked up chicken on his way here but we made pierogi and veggies for the sides. After dinner Ellie read to Mom and Dad and Nick played trains.
All in all my neurotoxicity is so much better than last infusion - I am so glad we lowered the dose. I still have the tinglies that turn into burning sensation but I don't have clay fingers that are powerless. I have been wearing the fingerless arm warmers Jo got me for Christmas. Mom and I changes our Scarlett today (I have had a burning sensation since Monday) and she was pretty red and blistered and the wax wasn't holding up. I am finally into the new batch of Scarlett products - they are pre-sized and don't need to be cut - I am hoping that these are smaller (both the opening and the wafer itself) that this might cut down on bad wear. Nausea has come and gone frequently today - i am able to stop it by eating something salty. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment