Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011

An after midnight post - I guess the first post of the new year. I slept in our bed last night but just because Nick came down to get me off the couch at 2AM. Just highlights from the day because its late. Poor Ellie succumbed to the mucus today and had a sinus headache followed by the inevitable vomit but then she totally passed out for a few hours in her bed. I took advantage and cleaned the basement really well - it was ulterior motives, though, I was trying to find the wii remote Nick hid somewhere.
I took Ellie over to Mom and Dad's when she woke up from her nap they had plans to make tamales and kolachky today. I had a bit of time when Nick was watching a movie to call my girlfriend, Lee and catch up - got the kitchen clean while I was on the phone. We had a real laid back day with just some clean up around the house.
I braved the grocery store for some chips and cheese and ended up with a little Bissell power scrubber at the end of my shopping journey. I am going to try to clean some furniture stains and our back room rug. We got ready for this evening - Nick helped me make a couple dips and mash avocados. He was my big helper - he assisted in getting the table cloth on the table, getting the paper goods out, making brownies and bark. He was very happy to hear that Ellie was on her way home, though.
Everyone arrived around 8:45PM - we had a table-full of goodies - everything from cheese to brownies, tamales to fruit, pizza to donuts. The kids were a hoot - as normal. They all hung in longer than I thought - I put in Polar Express and pulled out the sofa bed. Nick eventually feel asleep on the sofa, Jo, Ole and Tony cruised home and Ellie announced she wanted to be at Mom and Dad's at midnight - so the party dispersed.
Rob and I said happy new year to each other and then he went up to bed. I am not sleepy at all and I am not sure why. I was able to have room temperature water today without the razor blade feeling - maybe I will be able to indulge in a scoop of brandy ice cream by the end of the weekend. I hope everyone had a wonderful new years - sending a virtual toast out - clink. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment