Saturday, January 22, 2011

Super Saturday

Rob and I both went up to bed after the news last night and I spent all night in bed. Ellie was up first this morning and then Nick and Rob went down letting me get an extra hour sleep. I made banana chocolate chip pancakes when I got up. I made a list for Target because if I don't make lists I cannot recall what I need when I get there - chemo brain. I took a quick shower and then put away a basket of laundry. I pulled the sheets from the beds and got new sheets on. The kids have gone wild about helping out with "chores" lately and Nick wanted to know he could help with and Ellie put all her laundry away without being asked.
We all got in the car and drove to Mom and Dad's because the kids wanted to show off their haircuts and then we were Target bound. We got everything on our list and then some - found a replacement shovel on clearance and a new wireless mouse for the computer. We picked up lunch on the way home and we ate together before the kids went to play. After lunch I relaxed on the couch and caught up on a couple magazines. Rob and the kids started to demolish the cabinet in the basement - we have a rough idea of what we want Rob to build in its place.
Jo stopped by with a 'congrats your scan was negative' gift - a pair of Uggs to keep my feet warm. I have to say they are very warm and toasty and I have had them on since she called to find out if I tired them on yet - thanks, Jo and Ole. We had a re-heat supper to clean out the fridge and the kids both wanted to watch Ramona and Beezus - again.
We got the kiddos to bed and now Rob and I have a netflix in that we have had for weeks now. My feet are much improved except for when I stepped onto the cold tile floor in the bathroom with naked feet. My hands are about the same - just tinglies when they are exposed to cold. The house is so dry, even with the humidifier running, that my nose is still dry and bloody. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment