Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sick, slow Sunday

So I wasn't really tired last night but heard Nick coughing pretty hard and waking up around 12:45AM. I went up and Rob had already gone into his room to get him - I put him in our bed and laid down next to him - Rob went downstairs to the couch - how nice of him to leave me lip to lip with the sick kid. It was a LONG night - Nick had loud, icky coughs all night long. Rob came up around 4AM to ask if Nick needed a drink or anything else - I asked him to bring up the inhaler. Ellie woke up first and came up around 8:15AM to ask if I was going to take Nick into pediatric walk-in - we got up too. I didn't take him in because this is most likely the cold that has been around our house all break.
Ellie and Rob went to church and Nick and I hung out on the couch. We got dressed eventually because the house was a bit cold and layered clothes seemed like a good idea. Rob and Ellie came home and the kids played for little while. I made cinnamon rolls for lunch - I eat according to craving right now. Nick wasn't eating at all today but we were able to get him to drink. It was a slow afternoon with nothing remarkable to remember.
As we were getting ready to leave for Mom and Dad's for dinner - Nick had a gross cough that led to phlegm vomit - yuck. We went over for dinner - Mom had made a couple trays of nachos and we had brought so fruit. It was a quick dinner and I got my token scoop of brandy ice cream that I had to warm up with hot cocoa - still too cold but I am running out of days. We did a Scarlett change and headed home. Nick fell asleep in the car on the 5 minute ride home. We got the kids vitamins and got PJs on - I got Nick to bed and Rob got Ellie to bed. New shows tonight - no more re-runs. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully all of this sicky stuff will end soon. Maybe when everybody's back to their normal space out of the house tomorrow you should go through and spray some Lysol and wipe doorknobs. It might help to slow down all of the new stuff they'll bring home. Keep yourself hydrated! Hope all of you, including Jo, too, feel better quickly! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete