Monday, January 3, 2011

Laid back Monday

It has been a series of longer nights with Nick and his cough and congestion - last night was no different. I was glad that Rob set the alarm clock for us this morning because none of us were up when it went off. I got Ellie clothes for school and asked if she wanted hot lunch or packed lunch - packed. I fixed her up lunch while she went through her backpack to make sure she had everything she needed. Ellie got off to the bus stop just about a minute before the bus came - I was happy because it was cold out today.
Nick and I had the laziest morning - we stayed in our PJs until around 11AM and just watched our faves on tv. I couldn't get nick to eat anything but I was able to sneak honey and cold care into his sippy cup. We finally headed over to Mom's house around noon. Nick helped Dad take down the Polar Express in the playroom and I tried to get a coupon to print out with Mom. We cruised off to World Market to buy a new ottoman for Mom and Dad's living room and to look at clearance. We went back to Mom and Dad's and Nick played some more.
I went to pick Ellie up from the bus stop and then we did a quick run through Target for essentials - detergent, dryer sheets and we did a final walk through Christmas clearance - I found stuff that wasn't there the other day - we found peppermint oreos and some stocking stuffers. We went to Mom and Dad's and the kids watched Arthur, we had a cup of cappuccino and we searched the internet for a bit. Ironically, I felt very sleepy after my cappuccino and nodded off on the sofa - Mom and the kids made some festive perler bead designs. At 5PM we packed up and went home.
I made dinner while Ellie did her homework and Nick took his seat on the sofa under some covers. I asked him if he wanted to go back to school tomorrow and he said no he couldn't because he has a cough and other kids would get sick - sounds like a reasonable assessment to me. We had dinner and then I took a long shower - last one until Thursday - had to savor the steam. I got Nick to sleep and Rob and Ellie read for a bit. I am hoping to have an infusion tomorrow morning - blood work is the deciding factor. I am hoping Dr. Marsh will adjust the dose on the oxy so it isn't so intense. It really is almost the 2 weeks to fully recover from the cold side effect - just as I can finally have colder things without the razor blade feeling I am back to the need for heat. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment