Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sick Saturday

Regular night here; ok sleep. I awoke to the sound of "the cough" coming from Ellie's room. Nick and Rob went downstairs to play and Ellie tried to get some more sleep but the poor girl kept on vomiting. Ellie and I both got up and went downstairs around 9AM. Nick helped me make some french toast - he sprinkled the cinnamon and helped stir all the ingredients together. We had breakfast - Ellie tried some tea.
It was our day to take Christmas down and I am always amazed at how quickly it all comes down versus being put up. Nick took the ornaments off, Ellie put them in our container and I took care of the garland and lights. It was all down and stored away by 11AM. It was major laundry day here - winter coats needed to be washed, blankets and about 8 loads of clothes. Rob and I put away 4 baskets of laundry while the kids played.
Ellie tried to lay down and nap for a while but couldn't fall asleep. We had some lunch - Ellie was able to keep chicken sausage down - yeah! Rob had to go out for a bit and the kids wanted to play downstairs. I kept the laundry going and did some dishes. Rob brought home some juice and the kids had a surprise for us when he got home. They had each made pictures on the computer and printed them out for us.
Willy Wonka - the original, was on so I put it on for the kids and gave them some popcorn and all was fine until dinner time rolled around and we needed food. I ended up running out to Fresh Farms with Nick - I have to say for 5:45PM it was super crowded but they were super loaded with samples. It is bad to shop with a hungry Nick though - we ended up buying a bunch of things he sampled. We finished shopping and came home and had dinner. It was early to bed night for the sick-o kids.
Somehow - the tinglies have gotten worse. Major finger and foot neurotoxicity today. The one canker sore I seem to get each infusion has made its destination in my throat and makes it feel weird when I eat. The muscles seem to be doing a bit better today - chest pain not so intense and just some mild lower back pain. I have somehow managed to just have a runny/stuffy nose and a mild sore throat through all the germies in our house - knock on wood this will remain the same. Might need to put Valentine's day decorations out tomorrow because the house looks so empty now. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment