Thursday, January 20, 2011

Disconnect Thursday

I had a lovely night on the couch until my Nick wake up call around 4:30AM. We climbed back up the stairs and went to bed - Nick ended up sleeping until 8AM. Ellie packed her bag and bundled up and successfully made it to the bus stop without falling - the sidewalk is one giant sheet of ice and salt doesn't work when it is as cold as it is out.
I placed a phone call into Mark Drugs to find out the status of my ostomy order I had placed a week ago. My stupid doctor still hadn't sent the referral and when I called the office the receptionist asked if it was like a prescription refill - well no. Mark Drug said they would try but they had no success either. I ended up having to put a call into Dr. Muldoon for the referral - you know, confirm I have an ostomy and do indeed need supplies. This is frustrating as it can get and I am hoping to order enough extras over the next 3 months that I don't have to go through this again. Long story short - by the end of the day Mark Drug still doesn't have the referral but they think the footwork has been laid for it tomorrow. Seriously, there isn't a black market as far as I know.
Nick was going to come with me to the hospital but when he found an open invite to Grams he wanted to go there instead. We brought a couple movies with and I was on my way to Kellogg. I got there a bit early and went to the pharmacy to pick up my prescriptions and then waited for Deb. Deb came to get me and I went to work peeling tape off while she got my flushes ready. I got my nuelasta shot and I am hoping it is not like last time, although, it really hurt while being injected today.
I went back to Mom's and the boys were playing - I put in Ratatouille for them to watch and Mom made some lunch for us. I ended up passing out on the couch and Mom played with the boys. I woke up a bit before it was time to pick up Ellie - I was able to help straighten up a bit before leaving. Nick and I waited for the bus and then Ellie decided she wanted to walk home instead of jump in the car and she fell flat on her butt on the ice. Ellie said she was fine and didn't need ice but I think it shocked her that she fell.
Ellie did her home work and then was so happy that she finally had the opportunity to bring home her recorder from school and went right to work practicing. It was school fundraiser night at Noodle and Co so that is where we ordered dinner from. We had our dinner together and then I went to take a long hot shower to remove all my adhesive. My feet are absolutely killing me today - not neuropathy but more the areas that have calluses feel like they are blistered.
My thighs have begun to hurt a bit from the neulasta and my throat feels tight. Since finishing dinner I have felt nauseous - I took an ativan and made some peppermint tea but it just has its surges.
I have total plans on making it up to our bed soon - I am tired. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment