Monday, January 24, 2011

Movie mania Monday

Rob went up to bed during the news but I stayed down here until about 11:30. Had a most excellent nights sleep, Nick woke up around 5:30AM and I tried endlessly to convince him it wasn't time to be up because it was still dark outside. Somewhere around 6:00AM he was persuaded and fell back to sleep until 8AM. Ellie was up early and when I got up she got dressed and we got her backpack together. Ellie walked cautiously to the bus stop because under that fresh snow was still a sidewalk full of ice.
Nick picked his clothes out and he got dressed and brushed his teeth. I called Mom and told her we would come on over to see her - Dad left this morning for the week in Tennessee. Nick wanted to bring Ramona and Beezus for Grams to watch - 4 days in a row. I think I know why he likes the movie - Ramona has a very vivid imagination and there are a couple choice scenes that crack him up. He is quoting from the movie now so I think I might need to hide it, "Butt out, Beezus," he says as he walks around the house.
Nick and I returned our books to the library and then went over to Mom's. I poured myself a cup of tea and we waited for Mom to start the movie. We snacked on pirate booty and Mom made Nick some hot cocoa. After the movie Nick wanted another movie and we found Princess and the Frog was available to stream from Netflix - Nick started watching the movie while getting his haircut last week but we only got to see the first 20 minute. This movie is dark, scary and bizarre - I know, the whole New Orleans voodoo thing but its like drug induced Alice in Wonderland meets drug induced Fantasia and I thought for sure Nick would be having nightmares. We had lunch along the way - Mom always makes food fun - cutting the PB&J into dinosaurs and splitting a Clementine in half to look like basketballs.
Movie mania wasn't finished yet because we still had time before we had to pick up Ellie - Mom found Tom & Jerry Meets Sherlock Holmes to stream - Tony started the Tom and Jerry kick but my kiddos love it too. While we were watching the movie I checked my email and found the best surprise - Marg facebooked me and said she would see us tomorrow at Millies. I shared this news with Mom and we both envisioned that we would Skype her into Millietime tomorrow but no, Marg is coming into town - very exciting.
I wheeled the garbage cans back while Mom got Nick dressed to go. We waited for Ellie's bus to come and then attempted to shovel but the ice was still too thick and solid. Ellie did her spelling and then she joined Nick playing with legos. I did some laundry and Nick helped out - don't know what fairy sprinkled magic in our house but I am really enjoying the new found help. He tried to fold laundry but he ended up pulling each piece out of the dryer and telling me which basket it should go in. We went upstairs and Nick helped me put the clothes away.
Rob got home and we talked about dinner plans - he and Nick could make dinner while Ellie and I were at pottery or we could pick up Chinese on the way home - take out it was. Nick asked if he could do garbage duty and emptied all the cans into the big garbage can - fairy dust. Nick and Rob got busy on some puzzles and Ellie and I got on our way to pottery. We had a lovely class tonight - I made a trivet and a shamrock and Ellie made a plate and started a coil pot vase. We picked up food on the way home - Ellie ran in to pay and pick it up - love the way she is growing up. We talked on the way over about the cost of each entree and then we added them up and deducted our coupon and estimated tax so she knew she should be getting about $5.00 in change.
We had dinner when we got home, Nick and Rob had cleared the table and Nick had set it. We got vitamins and PJs on, brushed teeth and chose books. We got the kids to sleep and then Rob and I met up on the couch. I know Scarlett is un-happy, I can feel the burn. My hands are better today - I just need to keep them warm. My teeth are still annoying, I have read that chemo is very rough on gums and that is where the pain is - at the junction of the teeth meeting the gums. My nose is extremely dry and I have been using saline to try to keep it moist and pain free. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment