Thursday, January 6, 2011

Half done and it might be starting to suck

I had a ok nigh ton the couch - I heard Rob and Ellie come down this morning and I went to see how Nick was around 8AM. He was still asleep but he woke up happy. I bundled Ellie up and she walked out to the bus stop. Nick and I got bundled and I took him to preschool. I came back to the house and got some phone calls in - I have my CT scan scheduled and I have a call in to arrange a family session at Cancer Wellness. I really wanted to take a nap but it didn't happen.
I went to pick Nick up from school and we got some lunch and ate at home. Nick's cough had started to have crackles involved so I put a call into his allergist to see if he might need a steroid. Nick and I went to Kellogg for my disconnect and my neulasta shot. He was entertaining all the people in the lobby with his dance moves. Deb came to find us and the disconnect and shot went smoothly. We made a quick stop at the library to pick up some books.
Chemo brain - can't remember if I got into this or not - the 3rd grade book they began this week is Sarah Plain and Tall in which a Mom dies giving birth to her child...I got a couple emails Monday night asking my opinion if Ellie should read the book or if an alternate selection should be made for her. Rob and I talked about it and we agreed to have Ellie read it but I would check it out from the library and read it too and be there to discuss anything that comes up.
I connected with Cancer Wellness and I am waiting for a call back to get a session on the books. Ellie came home and did some of her homework and we all sat on the couch and the kids had some popcorn. I got a call back from Nick's allergist who was about to fit us in tomorrow when she heard Nick's cough and asked how quickly I could get to the office - we were on our way out as Rob was walking in.
Nick was a total opposite of his regular self - well actually he was his regular self but not the one the doctor usually sees. It was as though he hadn't talked to anyone in years - his mouth didn't shut and it was one non-stop story. Dr. Schaefer came in and looked in his ears - one full blown infected and the other swarming with liquid. Looked in his nose - yuck. Listened to his chest and luckily didn't hear wheezing or crackling. Nick is allergic to penicillin so antibiotics are tricky - we gave azythromyacin a try. Dr. Schaefer told me I could increase his albuterol inhaler for the next couple days to a double dose so we don't have to do nebulizer treatments.
We went to Target to pick up his prescription and some other things - saline spray, vapor strips and milk. I thought it might just be sympathetic pain for Nick but my chest really started to hurt when I took no so major breaths in. I have no cough or crackles though so I think this would be neulasta pain. Rob took care of getting dinner together so I could shower - I was freezing and I wanted to get all the adhesive off. We had dinner and then it was time for Winter Wipeout - a show Ellie has been looking forward to for weeks now.
I have a sore throat, my chest feels like a large animal is jumping on it, my hands and feet are both tingly beyond tingly. I am having what I think is my first hot flash right now - although maybe I just have a fever. I am happy I have no plans tomorrow and I can just stay in PJs and on the couch if I choose. The good news is although I am not physically feeling great - I am the same mentally. Other good news - Nick drank his medicine without spitting it out at me and after a double dose of inhalers he has yet to wake up coughing. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment