Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Middle of the week

First, I am running out of titles after doing this for 9 months...
I watched Conan and George last night and decided I really needed to try to go to sleep so I turned the tv off around midnight. I was so hot last night - I took my socks off and had my feet outside of the blankets - don't know what the heck that was about. I got up to go to the washroom - I still have the faint voice in my head telling me to not hold chemo pee - kidney damage. As I was getting up I heard what I thought was kitty but no, it was Nick.
I took him upstairs and we all slept in our bed - the heat wave continued and I think that might have been Nick's problem too. We all got up this morning and got dressed and had breakfast. I was feeling pretty good. I watched Ellie and the neighbors carefully make their way to the bus stop - the sidewalk was one giant sheet of ice. I called Mom and we decided to head over to her house for some playtime. I asked Nick what he wanted to bring with and he said legos - so we bought the tub o' legos with to Mom's.
The boys played well together for a while - I passed out on the couch. I find with each infusion the tiredness increases and I really need to nap for the following few days. Mom helped me with a Scarlett change - just a bit of breakdown. We had lunch - Nick ate everything. We played until it was time to pick up Ellie and then said good bye. The bus has been running late on the afternoon run this entire week. We came home and Ellie did her homework and Nick played with legos.
Rob came home and talked about his department meeting at work today - things will be changing for him. I took about a 30 minute nap before Mom came over for dinner. We were getting Chili's tonight to celebrate the "no evidence of disease" news. Ellie jumped in to take a shower and Nick did stickers with Mom. We placed our order and Dad picked it up on his way here.
We had a nice dinner and then Nick played with Dad and Ellie went through her spelling words with Mom. We said good night to Mom and Dad and then put the kiddos to bed. Besides the tiredness, the tinglies still happen - doesn't seem as bad as usual but who knows. Teeth are just starting with their dull pain. I ordered our tickets for Toy Story Disney on Ice next week - I had been holding on because I didn't want to get them if I didn't have infusion this week and had to have it next week and then the cold of the arena. I think the kids will be mega excited because we have sort of prepared them that it might not happen. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. The best reason we've had to celebrate in a long time...no evidence of disease....WOW! Hopefully that will help you through these next few infusions. Payoff! The kids will be super excited to hear about their ice adventure...don't they have their own version of kids on ice every morning now? I (we) love you so very much...we are so very pleased that you are truly getting a new, normal you! Love ya, Mom. Is Nick going with you for disconnect, or is he joining us?

    ReplyDelete