Sunday, January 30, 2011

Laid back Sunday

Rob went up to bed early last night because he was sneezing and congested. I watched SNL and then the 2 Chicago programs after it and wasn't sleepy but decided to go up to bed. When I got upstairs I found Nick in my spot in bed - I moved him back to his bed. Crappy sleep night all around. We were all up early, Rob was ushering at church so we needed to be there earlier than normal.
The kids helped Rob set up at church - putting out the song sheets and take home ideas on the seats. Ellie was asked to be the helper with the candles and was honored. Ellie took Nick down to nursery and then was off to middle group for Sunday school. We visited with friends after church before heading home.
We had some lunch, read the newspaper and the kids played. We have had "late" nights since Thursday and the tiredness/crankiness definitely caught up with the kids today. I put in Mary Poppins hoping for some nice cuddle time on the couch but neither of the kids were really into it. I ended up falling asleep on the couch for an hour. We cleaned up the legos and then we headed to Mom and Dad's for dinner.
Mom had a feast, as usual. Ellie, Jo and I helped Mom get dinner together and out on the table. We had a lovely dinner together - good food, good laughs. There was a very yummy bundt cake with lots of chocolate frosting for dessert. We did a Scarlett change out - still not happy. We headed home because the stinky kids needed a bath. Rob was on bath duty and I registered both Ellie and Nick for summer camp. I blow dried the kids hair and then it was off to bed time.
I am blogging while watching The Kids are Alright - interesting. I realize it everyday but just want to mention it here - I am very thankful for the family and friends I have. The cards and emails I get from you guys checking in and inspiring me to keep being who I am. The visits and phone calls keep me going. This week is predicted to be pretty crappy weather with possible blizzard conditions - should be fun infusion and travels. I am feeling great today - just some back pain. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment