Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Woohoo its Tuesday

I can't recall last night other than I know I watched all of George Lopez and went up sometime after that. Good night of sleep - Nick woke up around 6:30 and Ellie around 7:00. I woke up and got the kids clothes ready and jumped in the shower. I got them breakfast when I got downstairs and then got Ellie a snack for school. I flipped loads of laundry and put a pot of water on for tea. We got Ellie bundled up and she walked to the bus stop.
I got Nick ready for school and we dropped him off - he loves school now. I went to Salvation and found some good things - a Chinese New Year Shirt for Ellie, a couple dress shirts for Nick, a pair of very cute mary jane red suede shoes for Ellie and a new science kit for the kids. I then tackled Big Lots - picked up some green tea, some granola bars and some valentine items. I stopped into Lands End - Rob's boots had fallen apart and I wanted to know if they would do anything. I ended up picked up Ellie a couple pairs of capris for the summer (50% off) and a very warm looking fleece sweater for me.
I still had about 45 minutes until I needed to pick up Nick so I stopped in to the produce store and picked up some fruit and veggies and meat and cheese for the week. I picked up Nick and we came home and unloaded the car. Nick helped me put the groceries away. I made up lunch - Nick wa very happy to have grapes again. He asked to watch - wait, wait, Ramona and Beezus - again. We made brownies for Millietime and cuddled on the couch.
I had a breakthrough communication day - thank you all my friends who have forwarded me links for cleaning for a reason - I was finally able to get through to an application today. For those for don;t know Cleaning for a Reason is a non-for -profit that offers women undergoing treatment for cancer 4 maid sessions. I think this is awesome because I can't touch my toilets or fridge right now and they are gross.
We got Ellie off the bus and she went right to work doing her homework. We packed up for Mom's and were on our way. Millietime was awesome - loved having Marg join us - such a treat. Many laughs and memories. We had our white elephant - getting rid of new things that others might want - very funny.
We left way too late and we were all tired. I got the kids to sleep but Rob came home in time to get Ellie tucked in. Nick and Ellie were both asleep quickly and here I am blogging and probably not making too much sense - we had Tom and Jerry's tonight and its my first night drinking in a week. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

2 comments:

  1. It was a good night...what fun! I owe Ellie some$ for her help with the chores she did. Ask her if she'd like $ for Disney on Ice on Thursday? I'm very me;;ow...finished the Tom & Jerrys! Love Ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to get your application into Cleaning For A Reason. Currently, due to high traffic on mom-blogger sites, our application shuts down each day after only 6 minutes of being open! (it opens at noon, and shuts off when 50 applications come in). We WISH we could help everyone women who needs us, but we can't so we focus on those that we can. WE NEED MORE MAID SERVICES to jump on board with us! PLEASE ask every person you know to alert their cleaning service about our nonprofit.

    Best Wishes,
    Debbie Sardone
    Founder
    Cleaning For A Reason

    ReplyDelete