Sunday, January 9, 2011

Slow Sunday

I had just finished watching SNL and was flipping through the channels when I heard the gate upstairs lift and the subsequent footsteps on the stairs. I met Nick at the bottom and went up to bed - I have to give it to him because he manages the stairs very well in the dark. The kids were up super duper early. I bought "the best cinnamon bread" at the market last night and toasted that up for breakfast and it was pretty darn good. Rob and Ellie went to church while Nick and I stayed home.
Nick and I played with legos for hours and then Rob came home sans Ellie (dropped her off at Mom and Dad's) and he played with Nick for another couple hours. We had re-heats for lunch and then I found a spot of sunlight coming into the back room and fell asleep right in it. I woke up and the boys were still playing legos downstairs. I finally persuaded Nick into getting dressed - he has been in PJs all day with his Lightening McQueen jacket over them.
I did some "operating" on Percy the train to remove all my hair that had built up in the wheels and made it no longer run. We packed up some fruit for dinner and went over to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Ellie had a good day with them - she had bags of groceries to bring home - she had convinced Mom to buy her faves while grocery shopping. Mom had made a Thanksgiving-esque dinner -turkey, sweet potatoes, green beans, apples and we bought watermelon and pineapple - I know there was more but I cannot think of it now.
Ellie had chosen dessert while they were grocery shopping and had quite a selection for us to chose from. The boys opted for their chocolate lollipops and mint oreos but there was an apple caramel pie thingy too. We changed out Scarlett - still quite an un-happy camper. Jo and Ole met Scarlett tonight - Jo has been grossed out by Scarlett since the get go and has never wanted to meet her and Ole was just walking from the porch to the living room and met her. I know this is the oddest thing in the world - come and meet Scarlett but it makes it not so creepy to the kids and she is very much a part of my life.
My solo canker sore has found a friend - ahhh. My aches are feeling better today - no more chest pain and little leg and arm pain. My teeth still are bothering me - perhaps its the knowing I cannot have them cleaned and I am overdue or it is just chemo side effects but they have this numbing pain. My hands are also still tingly and have turned red now - my feet are probably also red but I don't really look at them naked in the winter. I want to send special birthday wishes to Tara - happy 16th! Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment