Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.11

I guess the blog is on Pacific time because this is the official 1st post of the new year. I stayed up and played on the computer and watched the bands on tv until about 2:30AM and then headed up to bed. I wasn't completely tired but thought I would give it a try. I was still awake when Nick started crying in his room around 3:15AM - he was just sitting up in bed crying - I laid him back down, covered him up and he was back to sleep. It was about 4:00AM before I knocked out and Nick was up and ready to move a bit before 8:00AM.
Nick immediately asked where Ellie was - he was going to spent the night at Mom and Dad's too but he fell asleep on the couch here last night and we just decided to keep him here. I told him Ellie was at Mom and Dad's and he went into his 3 year old version of this is not fair. I fixed him a bowl of cereal but he wanted more and we were out. Rob went out in search of buzy bee cereal (honey nut cheerios) and had to go to a couple places to find a store open.
Our friends, Pam and Eric, came over for a visit this morning and Nick provided an endless supply of toys to play with. We had a nice visit with them before they had to go. Nick and I went over to Mom and Dad's to get Ellie but ended up staying and playing. We watched Diary of a Wimpy Kid - very cute and funny movie. The kids played with legos and then we voyaged home.
Both Nick and Ellie have the makings of being sick with a cold - the stuffy nose, the cough, the crankies. Ellie went to the basement to play and Nick had a meltdown in the dining room. I talked him into a movie and cuddling - Shrek 2 was his choice and I think I never saw the whole movie before. Ellie came up and joined us on the couch and Rob got us some food re-heats. After the movie Nick and Rob went up to play with his trains and Ellie and I watched some Food Network. I jumped in for a steam shower to try to make my nose feel better - it did the trick. We got the kids in PJs and teeth brushed - I ended up putting Nick to sleep and Rob put Ellie to sleep.
Nothing good on tv tonight so I think it will be a computer game night. The cold outside brought back the tinglies in my fingers and throat - not too bad but still unwanted. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment