Saturday, January 29, 2011

A houseful of cinderellies

I was up way too late last night - I fell asleep on the couch sometime during the "up too late" and awoke and went up to bed around 3:30. Rob was up first and then Nick came in and I persuaded him to go down and open the boxes that came yesterday, Ellie slept in a bit. I went back to sleep for a bit and made my way down around 8:30.
We had no real plans for the day. Rob had a small job to do, the kids wanted to play and Ellie wanted to get her time with Grams and Gramps. Nick helped me with some laundry transferring and helped Rob with garbage. Ellie went to work cleaning up some of the toys around the living room and then vacuumed the living room. Nick really wanted to help vacuum so we had to make a deal, Ellie would vacuum the rugs but Nick got to use the wand to get the wood floor areas. I jumped in the shower before Rob left and came down to the kids still wanting to help.
We were on a mission, we have a missing library book and I can say now that we have seriously turned the house inside out and it is not here. Ellie was a big helper and we organized many of the cabinets in the kitchen. We paired together the rubbermaid/tupperware lids to containers and got rid of the non-matched. I cleaned out my "junk" drawers, I think some things have been in those drawers for years. We had some lunch and continued our cleaning. We re-planted our aero garden (hydroponic garden) in the kitchen with lettuce. Nick helped me plant some seeds - basil, parsley and chives and a pot of rubekia.
Rob cleaned the ceiling fan blades - yuck. I gave the kids clorox wipes and they cleaned the fronts of the kitchen cabinets. Nick helped me sort laundry upstairs and helped carry it downstairs - scary. Ellie wanted to help out too - so Nick took laundry out of the dryer and Ellie emptied the washer into the dryer and loaded the washer - magical fairies...
Ellie was picked up by Mom and Dad for some Grandparent time - Nick didn't even realize she was gone until about 2 hours later. The kitchen looks great - I still have the stove, the toaster oven and fridge to clean but the one half is clean and completely organized. I got my boxes 'o crap emptied and now only have one (I had 3). Rob tried to take a couple boxes to Salvation but the truck was closed for the day. We had a huge bag of garbage and a couple boxes of recycling.
I compared notes with Mom and Ellie was going to stay there for dinner, we placed a Dengeo's order. Nick took a ride with me to pick it up and was hoping for a balloon but they were out. We had a nice dinner together and then it was bedtime. I got Nick into PJs and put him to bed - his mind was still going way too fast though. Ellie came home about 20 minutes after Nick went to sleep and Rob took her up to bed.
Crappy tv night - so its just background to playing games on facebook and blogging. I am feeling good today - my hands are the biggest thing, mostly just very dry but tinglies a couple times during the day. I just saw the polar bear plunge on the news - people are nuts to be in the lake today. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me, Tree

1 comment:

  1. I know...it's a little bit of "polar plunge envy"! If it weren't for that darn reaction to cold right now, you'd be right there with those nuts, wouldn't you...Now we've got the blog readers wondering...really? Glad the lil'helpers have been so magical. Mary Poppins has had a huge effect on those kids. See you tomorrow...love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete