Sunday, January 16, 2011

Super Sunday

I went up to bed early, by my standards, around 1AM. Ellie was up first around 7AM and Nick not too soon after. We had breakfast with Julie before she had to leave us to visit her brother. The kids asked if Julie could come back and watch them when Rob and I need to go out - I wish we were that close. Julie left us and we read the newspaper and the kids did some artwork.
Rob called and invited Uncle Bill to come and watch "da game" over at our house - he took us up on the offer. The boys watched the game and I played on the computer for a bit and then Nick wanted to read some books. We were all in the back room together - it was nice. Ellie called Mom to find out if the offer to spend the night at their house was still on the table - it was. The kids ran to get their suitcases and pack their bags up - so exciting.
The kids and I went over to Mom and Dad's house early to help out and to change Scarlett. I helped Mom in the kitchen for a bit and then we changed Scarlett - she is happy again. We were celebrating Uncle Bill's Birthday today and being 1/2 done with chemo. A stellar menu, as usual. Lasagna, meatballs, sausage, fruit salad, regular salad and broccoli with cannoli and brownies for dessert. The kids kept us entertained like they normally do.
The GGs left and we went into the living room to visit. Rob and I left a bit before 6PM - the kids wanted their overnight and I was getting sleepy. Mom passed along their old quilt to replace the one I have been using - theirs was heavier and warmer - we put it to use tonight. Rob tried out the snuggie he got for Christmas and I am still laughing - it is a superman snuggie and looks like he is superman wearing it - fun-ny. We watched the Golden Globes and flipped back and forth from Desperate and B&S - good laughs - love Ricky Gervais.
As usual, it is day 12 post infusion and I am beginning to really feel better - I guess that is good that I get to feel better before I have to go in again but sucks it takes 12 days to happen and only 2 days to enjoy it. Ellie is off school tomorrow - Nick is off all week - what to do, what to do? I think we will decorate for Valentines Day tomorrow - something they have been asking about. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment