Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wow Wednesday

I had a glass of wine last night and that was all I needed to pass out on the couch. I woke up far too late and went up to bed. Usual morning round here - got dressed and fixed breakfast. Ellie went to the bus stop and I watched as all the kids tried (unsuccessfully) to have a snowball fight - the snow wasn't good packing snow.
I called Christi and we both free after we dropped the kids off at preschool and made plans to meet to do some shopping. Nick was off to preschool - he is loving it this week, the theme is Disney. I met Christi at Big Lots and we shopped and talked and found such great things there today. We had time to stop in at Home Goods before having to pick up the kids. It was great to get a visit in while shopping and a bonus to have it un-interrupted by kids.
I picked Nick up and he asked if we could go and visit Mom - so we did. The sun porch was nice and warm today with the sun shining so bright. I read the paper and Nick played - around 1PM I announced it would be a great time to cuddle up on the couch and take a nap. We helped Mom take down the last Christmas decorations and went in to have lunch. I took myself up on the nap and fell asleep on the couch while Mom and Nick made dessert for tonight.
Nick and I came home just in time to get Ellie from the bus and then we made a quick stop at the grocery store to pick up stuff for dinner. When we got home Ellie did her homework and Nick played and then we all organized the storage cart in the kitchen. It was great - Nick used granola bars to count and Ellie decided which things should go in which containers. It looks beautiful. I started dinner going - turkey, mac and cheese, broccoli, a salad and fruit. It was yummy.
Dean came over for dinner and we did a late Christmas celebration. Mom and Tony came a bit after Dean arrived and dad got here a bit later. We had a nice dinner together and dessert was good, too. The kids got to play for a bit and show off their favorite things. We said our good nights and we got ready for bed. I now sit on the couch and blog with my mug of tea and the news on in the background.
Teeth are still annoying today and it comes and goes but definitely no cold food or drink yet. My hands only bothered me when I was outside for more than a minute or two. My veins in my hands look very visible to me lately - not sure what that is all about but I don't think I like it. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment