Monday, January 10, 2011

Productive Monday

Rob went up to bed early and I didn't. Had an ok night of sleep - both of the kids were up early this morning. We all got dressed and went down for breakfast. Ellie and I got her lunch and snack ready for school and her back pack packed. I bundled her up and off to the bus stop she went. Nick had a couple bowls of cereal and a yogurt and went straight to work playing.
Mom called and we had no plans for the day - I threw out the idea of cleaning out her linen closet which she insisted she didn't want to do today. Nick packed his "man bag" and we were off to Mom's house. I convinced her to tackle the bottom of her linen closet - I don't know about 5 years ago Jo and Ole and Rob and I measured Mom and Dad's hallway closets and got them Elfa closet organizers for Christmas. About 2 years ago we got the coat closet cleaned out and painted and the Elfa installed and they really do create instant storage. I tried to help with the linen closet last summer and we got about a shelf done but today - we got the entire closet cleaned out and ended with enough space to store additional items.
Nick was such a good boy while we cleaned and organized - he watched Stuart Little and loved it. It was time to pick up Ellie from the bus but Nick didn't want to leave - Mom offered to keep Nick and I could pick him up later - Nick stayed. I got Ellie off the bus and she did her homework before watching some tv with me. I signed Ellie and I up for Family Clay - a pottery class we have taken together in the past and we really enjoy together and tonight was the first class.
Rob came home from work and we made an early dinner - Ellie kept looking at the clock to see how much longer until class time. I got a call from Cancer Wellness and we have an appointment later this week. Finally, it was time to leave for class and Ellie was so excited.
We had a great time in class - it was great to spend one on one time with Ellie, it was great to put my hands to use and it was great to be creative - normal! The teacher, Kathy, taught me when I was Ellie's age and I always enjoy seeing her. We made pinch pots and houses tonight - thinking ahead at what we should create next week. We picked Nick up from Mom's house - he had a great time with Mom for his one on one time. He was making quick work of some baked veggie chips. We came home and Nick had some dinner - I fear that Ellie has finally succummed to the dreaded cold. We did vitamins and I sent Ellie up to bed with a clementine. Nick and I had a real nice talk before he went to bed about his birthday - still months away - but his wheels are turning already.
Not sure what tomorrow holds - Nick has school but I will have to see how Ellie is feeling in the morning to see if she is going to school or not. Overall, a much better side effect day - although, sitting on the little wooden stool cleaning the closet did not feel so good on the butt. My fingers have come and go tinglies. My canker sores miraculously healed overnight. No more aches and joint pain. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the help with the closet. Anyone need towels for rags before I donate? I used to donate to the photography class at the high school, but I no longer have the connection. We'll aim to paint and put in the Elfa unit by the end of the month. Maybe the week after infusion 5. Glad you and El are back in pottery...very therapeutic for both of you. How long did Nick stay in his big boy undies? It's a start! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete