Monday, January 17, 2011

The end of the 3 day weekend

Rob and I had a lovely time last night sans kids watching tv and enjoying the silence. I went up to bed around 1:30AM and was able to sleep in until 8:30AM. We had our morning coffee and then I called over to Mom's to see how the overnight was. The kids (of course) didn't want me to pick them up - they had plans for the morning. I got dressed and went over and Rob stayed here. The kids were playing with the dollhouse when I got there and continued to do so as Mom and I talked.
We did eventually clean up and depart with the carrot dangle of decorating for Valentine's Day. Thanks to Mom and Dad for the overnight! We called Rob from the car to tell him just to come out when we got home. We did a quickie through Salvation (clothes were 50% off today) but there were way too many people there to stay and shop. We went to Whole Foods and picked up a snack and dinner - pie size chicken pot pies were on sale. The kids were delighted to sample their way around the store and I have to tell you we didn't run into one bad sample today.
The kids had gelato and Rob and I enjoyed a cup of coffee in the cafe and then we were on our way to Costco. We picked up some fruit for the week, some oxi-clean for the laundry and some batteries for the dead Valentine singing decorations. We came home after Costco but saw a ginormous hawk on the way. We un-loaded the car and put our groceries away and then moved onto decorating. Nick put out the plush and singing animals and Ellie hung the conversation hearts. I strung the lights and the garland and then the living room didn't look so empty anymore.
The kids went downstairs to play - Ellie with the dollhouse and Nick with legos. Rob went to play in the garage for a bit - I think he was nuts because it was pretty cold today. Rob came in and Ellie helped him clean the workshop downstairs while Nick and I built some houses for tow-mater and lightening out of legos. I started dinner warming up and cleared the table off while Ellie did webkinz for a while.
The chicken pot pie was great - nice crust and veggie mix and warm. I escaped for a shower while Rob and the kids watched a bit of tv. Ellie and read a couple chapters in Sarah Plain and Tall and then it was early to bed night - the kids had a couple late nights. Nick pretty much went right to bed and Ellie followed close behind. It is cold in our house and the gutter it dripping and making an annoying drum noise right outside the family room door.
I think Rob is on the path of another cold - he is sniffling and coughing and it just isn't pretty - hope he is the only one. I have my appointment tomorrow with Dr. Marsh to find the results of the CT scan and to hopefully be infused - on the other side of the 50% mark now. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment