Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Slipped, fell down - inside

I fell asleep on the couch last night and woke about 3:30AM to go up. The kids were up early and not too much happened snow-wise over night. We had breakfast, I packed Ellie a snack, packed my chemo bag and got Ellie prepared for the arctic. The wind was whipping this morning with just the faintest amount of snow mixed in. I drove Nick to school and dreaded having to get out of the car to walk him in.
I checked in at Kellogg and Deb got my labels and I went up for my port draw and then my appointment with Dr. Marsh. I caught Margaret up on the side effects from last infusion and then told her about my disappointment form cleaning for a reason. Margaret mentioned that there were a couple different funds for women with young children with cancer for non medical things. There was a nurse practitioner there today and a resident. The NP didn't give me as nice of a neck massage as Dr. Marsh usually does. Bloodwork came back and all my levels were good - platelets were actually 1 point onto the normal range today.
I went back to my room and was met by Sally and Meg from social work with phone numbers for cleaning agencies - I guess I just pick one and then submit the bills to them - we will see if I really need it. Sally stayed and talked for a while - I asked her about a kids support group - there are a couple just nothing terribly close. She also gave me info on a couple "mentoring" programs where you are hooked up with a person who has gone through a very similar experience recently.
My infusion started - seemed a bit longer today and the room I was in was noisy. I did get about 30 minutes of sleep when they hung the 2 hour drip but woke up to people talking loudly and laughing. I was finished about 1:30PM and warmed the car up and bundled up and headed to Mom's. I called cancer wellness and Ellie's appointment had been rescheduled and the center was actually closing at 3PM. Nick finished watching his movie and then we were on our way to pick up Ellie - I knew it was going to take a bit longer today. My usual 8 minute ride was about 25 minutes.
Ellie got off the bus and we drove to Dominicks - I did some shopping yesterday but realized this morning that we really had no produce. We did a quick shop where the kids got to pick out their favorites and more because it doesn't look like we are going anywhere tomorrow. We got home just the same time as Rob - Ellie grabbed a shovel and made a pathway for us to walk in on. I got groceries put away, Nick helped me make some hot cocoa and Rob and Ellie shoveled the sidewalk. Ellie helped me empty the salt into the containers we use outside and then Nick vacuumed up the salt that spilled on the rug.
The kids had dumped the entire container of legos on the living room rug and were playing nice. Ellie and I decided to take a picture of the same tree every hour and I was walking to take the 6PM picture and was trying to step over Ellie when she decided to get up and I am not really sure how I exactly fell but it wasn't pretty. I fell onto the rug of legos landing on many of them - doesn't feel good. I have a blood blister on the inside of my left pinky finger, I did something to my right hip/butt and I was immediately in lots of pain. Ellie freaked out and started crying and apologizing. Nick has safety week at school today and learned how to dial 911 today and asked if he should call. I know when I fell I was trying to avoid falling on my pump or my port so I did mid-air acrobatics. I laid on the floor for about 10 minutes before trying to get up. After Ellie and Nick left the room the tears began rolling down my face which immediately hurt my eye sockets. I was able to get up and walk so I don't think anything is broken but man it hurts. I took a couple tylenol and sat on the hot pad and fell asleep for an hour.
I currently am feeling hot and nauseous. I have a bad tummy ache and the other obvious aches. Chemo effects - tingly fingers and really burning nose - it is an effect from the cold but it is happening inside our house too. I think I am going to have to brave the bed tonight because the back room has a few trees that are rubbing against the windows with every 50mph wind gust. Thank you Gov Quinn for the disaster based snow day - Rob found out mid morning and I got an email mid afternoon from Ellie's school. If I was thinking ahead I would have brought supplies to Mom's today to change out Scarlett but I didn't so I will have to leave the house tomorrow for a change out unless I have Ellie help me out. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment