Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sunny Saturday

Normal times around here last night and this morning. When Nick got up, I pulled clothes for him and Ellie and they got dressed quickly and were on their way out the door with Rob. It was the Grow and Build truck day at our Lowe's today and I saw the poster when I was there earlier this week. It was a 54' truck all decked out inside with movie screens and project areas. The kids got to build birdhouses and see a few movies.
Rob dropped the kids back at home and was off to work a couple jobs. I got dressed and we were off too. There were a few good sales I wanted to hit today. First sale was a hit - 2 kids beach chairs, a sock monkey kit (new in box), a craft loom and a remote control car for Nick. We ran into a rummage sale and left with a few treasures - a felted wool purse, mickey mouse (or minnie) glove hands and some little people stuff.
The car unfortunately was telling me it was time to fill up - argh, $4.35 a gallon gas. We hit another sale on our way back home and Ellie found a cute little vera bradley paisley bag for $1 and I found a few pairs of swim trunks for Nick for the summer. We ran into Dominicks to see if I could score anymore 1/2 off claritin - no luck but I did get some good buys on sale stuff.
We went to April Fest at Morton Grove library. It was a wonderful free event - the girl scouts were running carnival games, the kids got to plant seeds from the farmers market, they got henna work done on their hands - so intricate and pretty. We came back home and had some lunch and then went out to soak up the sun. We took a bike ride to the park to play and the kids made some new friends to play with.
We came back home and Ellie packed her bag for her overnight at Mom and Dad's tonight and Nick got some of his new treasures bagged up to show off. Rob was coming home just as we were leaving so we did a hi/bye and were on our way. Nick played with his remote control car because Dad had an extra 9v battery and Ellie went to play on the computer. We visited for a little bit and then Nick and I said goodbye and came home. We called Rob on the way to let him know we were going to pick him up for dinner.
Nick's request was Red Robin and we were able to get a table right away. We had a nice dinner together - Nick was very proud of himself that he can squirt the ketchup all by himself now. We came home and got ready for bed - although Nick was tired it took forever for him to finally give in to sleep. Rob just went up to bed and here I sit blogging. I was thinking about it recently - how over my lifetime I have never been able to keep a journal/diary for more than a couple weeks and yet I have kept up with this blog for almost a year now - amazing. My feet are really bugging me today - I even traded out shoes a few times to try to get the pins and needles to stop but no such luck. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment