Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

I went up to bed early this morning - fell asleep on the couch and woke up around 4AM. The kids were up early to find what the bunny had left them (New Sharpay dvd for Ellie and a pack of Thomas freight cars for Nick) and to search for eggs. Rob wasn't able to hide the eggs because Ellie went downstairs with him. He sent the kids up to do a quick clean up of their rooms while he quickly hid the eggs.
We went downstairs and had the egg hunt and I was surprised both Ellie and Nick pretty evenly found the eggs. I got my biscuits and cinnamon rolls made and the table set for lunch. Dean called to tell us he was pretty sick and wouldn't be joining us today. I pressed clothes for all of us and jumped in the shower and then we were off to church. We sat in a lovely spot by the sun filled windows - very serene.
The kids were up and out right as service finished so we didn't visit and were in the car on our way home. Ellie helped me get silverware and napkins out and Nick helped with the centerpieces. I got our quiches re-heated and veggies in to cook. I made a pasta with boca meat sauce. Mom and Dad got here with the ham and sweet potatoes, rice and beans and baked goods.
Jo, Ole and Tony brought a salad with them.
Uncle Bry arrived from Wisconsin, then the GGs and Uncle Bill. We got the kids settled in for lunch and then we had lunch. The food was wonderful and we were all able to sit together at one table which led to wonderful conversation and visiting. Rob and I dropped eggs for the egg hunt which the kids were initially excited about but once they got outside could have cared less that over 100 eggs were hidden about. Tony wanted to ride a tricycle and would pick up an egg just to throw it. Nick wanted to play on the slide and Ellie was the only one searching for eggs.
We had very scrumptious dessert - vegan red velvet cupcakes (don't hate until you try), de-constructed cannolis, cookies and dessert breads. The kids played outside for a bit before deciding it was a bit chilly. One by one (ok - sometimes 2 by 2) our family departed. Mom and Dad stayed and played with the kids - putting together their new puzzles and playing. I put my feet up on the couch and that was the end for me - I was nap bound.
I woke up and finished cleaning up and doing dishes. We packed Mom and Dad's bag up and they went home. The kids and I watched the Sharpay movie while snacking on leftovers. We got the kids to sleep after the movie and came down and watched our Sunday night tv. Right around 10PM I heard a siren and then the lights of an ambulance and fire truck pulling up to our next door neighbors - I hope everything is ok. We didn't feel like being too in the window so I am not sure if anyone actually left with the ambulance or not.
My feet are sore today and it travels up to about my knees with the numbing sensation. I have my pre-op physical tomorrow morning - oh yeah! Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment