Monday, April 11, 2011

Mellow Monday

I went up to bed relatively early last night and slept ok - it was muggy in the house. Nick woke up around 6AM and Rob got out of bed so Nick crawled up but never went back to sleep. Nick's talking woke Ellie up and we were all downstairs by 6:20AM. I made the kids breakfast and got clothes ready for the day. I did some laundry and got Ellie ready for school. Ellie walked to the bus and then Nick and I went to Mom's for the morning. Nick played with play-doh and the castle. It was time for his conference but Nick wanted to stay at Mom's - so I went to the conferees and Nick stayed. The conference was short and sweet and it was neat to find out how his skills and knowledge have grown since the fall. He got his yearbook - so cute. I went back to Mom's and we had lunch - yummy leftovers! Low-key afternoon, Nick and I came home after lunch and we went outside to play. Rob came home from work a bit early so I could go to my appointment with Dr. Muldoon. My appointment was good - Dr. Muldoon doesn't believe that I need a 1 year colonoscopy - he said he will do a scope while I am under anesthesia for my surgery. I will talk to Dr. Marsh about his tomorrow. I have to schedule a lower GI - dye is injected and then they take an xray to make sure there are no leaks or holes before I actively have things traveling there. I have to get a physical and a nose swab too. The debate is do I switch primary care doctors before the surgery or just wait until after? The surgery itself will take between 1-2 hours with a hospital stay 3-4 days. The recovery is not pleasant and I can look forward to about 3-4 bad weeks and the need to be around the toilet constantly. The good news - the prep for surgery is just 24 hours of clear liquids and nothing by mouth after midnight. I came home and Rob and the kids were outside still enjoying the day. I started a bath for stinky Nick and then Ellie and I were off to pottery class. We found the pieces we glazed last week and I have to say Ellie's cupcake is so awesome. Ellie I glazed the bowls we made last week and then we both had a bit of time to make something. Ellie made a box and I made a bowl and with leftover cut-outs - I made Ellie a lid for her box. Ellie looked at the lid and decided it should be a butterfly and did some work to my design. We phoned in an order to Dengeos and had 15 minutes to kill so we went to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for lunches and breakfast and ice cream for dessert. We got out dinner and came home. The kids had a picnic in the back room while Rob and I were at the table. We had ice cream and then we took the kids up for bed. A bit quicker night tonight. I will be interested to hear what Dr. Marsh has to say tomorrow and then I need to decide if there is a difference in opinion who I am going to listen to. My feet are pretty sensitive today and seem to have yet another layer peeling off of them. The hormone that controls hair growth must be back to normal levels because I had to tweeze my eyebrows today - something I haven't had to do in about 6 months. I better wrap this up because I need to read through the book I am reading for family reading night at school this week and get accustomed to the Swedish names and cities in the book. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment