Friday, April 15, 2011

Stupid internet

Chemo brain has fried my short term memory so here are the highlights from yesterday. When Ellie was off to school and I dropped Nick at prechool I had 2 hours to myself - woohoo. I met Christi for coffee and catch up time - so nice. We weren't in a rush or interrupted and it was just good to talk about life. Mom and Dad picked Nick up from school so I met them back at our house - we went back to Mom and Dad's for the afternoon. We had some lunch and then went out to do some shopping/sample eating at Whole Foods. Dad and Nick took a walk when we returned and Mom and I had some time to read through magazines. Nick and I picked Ellie up from the bus and then we came home - it got cold out over the day. I read through 'Supergrandpa' a few times to get the Swedish words down with a flow. Rob came home and the kids played for a bit in between watching their favorite parts of Nanny McPhee. We had a snacking dinner and then Ellie and I walked over to school for Family Reading Night. I didn't realize it got colder still and both Ellie and I wished we had taken our gloves with us. We got to school and we got to our places - I was in the preschool room to read and Ellie had arranged to supervise the Hands Helping Haiti table and thank people for their donations. Mrs. Bart told me that this Hands project has really helped Ellie focus on things other than my health. She said Ellie is really wonderful at being the forelady - great to hear. I read 'Supergrandpa' during the 3 sessions and the kids were wonderful and asked fun questions about the book and the illustrations. After the sessions I met the kids and Rob down in the gym to pick out a book to take home with us and then we were on our way home. We tucked the kids in and then when Rob and I were trying to get online we realized we couldn't. This morning seems to be a bit better - we can connect but it is slow. Anyone have any opinions about Comcast for internet and phone service because I am leaning that way. My feet are pretty numb today with underlying pins and needles deep into the skin. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment