Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Is it too much to ask for a bit of sun?

I was playing on the computer around 2AM when I heard footsteps upstairs. I went up and tucked Nick back into bed - I think his coughing woke him up. Usual morning - breakfast, snack & off to the bus stop. I flipped loads of laundry and then it was time to take Nick to school.
I went to Meijers after I dropped Nick off, looking for new food ideas.
It was nice to be able to look around without a kid going nuts - so I spent almost an hour there. I found things I always forget to pick up because I was able to leisurely stroll. I had picked up a Thomas box car set for an Easter present for Nick and was thinking of what I could get for Ellie and I saw the new Sharpay (High School Musical) dvd came out today - bingo! I was able to pick up stuff for Millietime and some extra things for Easter. Eggs were so cheap I got another dozen and I will let each kid color a dozen - egg salad for the next few weeks around here.
I still had some time so I stopped into Wings resale - no finds there today. I ran into Panera and got a cup of coffee and a loaf of french bread and then I was off to get Nick. Nick and I came home and Nick helped me prepare food for Millietime tonight. We made a fruit salad and a pasta salad and then I cut up some bread and cheese. Nick and I had lunch and watched some tv this afternoon. AT&T finally came out to fix our static phone line - provided endless entertainment with the worker up in the cherry picker on our phone pole in the back alley.
We walked down to pick up Ellie from the bus - I need the sun to make an appearance soon. Ellie came home and took a quick shower before starting her homework. The best find of the day came when I went into my closet and realized I am not almost out of Scarlett supplies - I had an entire box from Mark Drug that I hadn't opened - Scarlett is back to every other day changes! We headed off to Mom and Dad's to visit before Millies. Mom (Tony) and I changed out Scarlett which was very confusing for T today because he thought Sca-lott had chocolate all over and Mom felt the need to go into details which led to some very funny faces, hmmmms and then utter distraction.
We went to Mrs. B's for Millietime - we were having a virtual baby shower for Kelly via skype. We had such a spread of food and pink and blue drinks. The kids were entertained with toys and then the trampoline. Kelly opened her presents and all her one of a kind onesies. It was a very nice evening. We did out baby pool to guess sex, date, weight and hair.
We came home and it was vitamin, medicine, brush teeth and bedtime. Pretty quick sleep tonight - I think they were both worn out. Nick's cough makes it hard to settle in quickly. Rob and I got to visit a bit before he went up to bed. Time is flying - surgery is 2 weeks from today. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment