Saturday, April 23, 2011

Busy bunny day

Nick came down the stairs silently last night to bring me up to bed around 1:30AM - I wasn't quite ready for bed yet and tried to get him to cuddle with me but no such luck. Ellie, Rob and I were up early, Nick slept in. I was wet when I woke up and quickly found that dear old Scarlett had burst through the wax ring and was draining out - yuck. All I can think is that I have been doing wii and getting a bit sweaty and the sweat is wearing down the barrier. If this is the case I am surly certain I am happy we are parting ways before the summer. I did my first solo Scarlett change but I knew I would head to Mom's later and get a good change. Rob took Ellie to Dominick's for the 7:30AM egg hunt. Dad took Jo and me every year - a fun memory.
Nick woke up while Ellie and Rob were out and I got him some breakfast. Ellie and Rob came home and Ellie nicely shared her loot with Nick. Rob was out the door to go help a friend work on his house. We were busy bunny elves today. I put away 3 baskets of laundry - took forever. I decided to forgo cleaning until tomorrow but we did as much baking prep as we could. We made 4 loaves of banana chocolate chip bread and 2 loaves of cranberry orange bread. We made a broccoli cheese quiche and broccoli tofu quiche.
We took a quick break to go to the Skokie Park District egg hunt at Oakton Park. It is fun to see how it has grown over the years - it has been about 5 years since we were last at that one. Nick was in the grass and Ellie's hunt was in the park. They both got about 2 dozen eggs and were smiling ear to ear. We came back home and finished our baking up and put away all the ingredients.
I got lunch ready for us and then cleaned lunch up and I was pooped. I went to cuddle with Nick on the couch and I felt my eyes getting heavy and soon I was asleep. Rob called to say he would be home soon and I drifted back to sleep. Rob came home and the kids met him at the door begging to go outside and play. I drifted in and out of sleep until a bit before 4:00PM.
I dropped by Christi's to bring them their Easter bag. Christi was ahead of me and dropped a lovely basket full of yummy treats by Friday evening. We had some time to catch up and visit, plan our coffee date this week. I stopped by Mom's and we changed out Scarlett. Not really to worse for wear - a bit red. We discussed our menu for tomorrow and I took some oranges home.
I got home and I got Ellie into the shower and then Nick into a bath. I switched out loads of laundry and washed the kitchen floor - Ellie had spilled jelly on the floor today and the stickiness was spreading rapidly. We had dinner and then the kids watched Here Comes Peter Cottontail.
This is the first year we are not having my big, fat Easter brunch. It took a bunch of pro/.con lists in my head to come to the decision but with school events picking up, medical appointments and Rob working so much I just didn't think it was feasible to have 2 dozen people over. We are having our usual family Sunday group plus UB and Dean over. Hopefully we will be able to get together with the whole gang this summer when things normalize. I find myself heavy eyed again right now - I wonder if iodine can make you sleepy?
Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment