Tuesday, April 26, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring

The pouring rain lulled me to sleep somewhere around 1AM and I woke up when the rain stopped around 5AM. The kiddos were up way too early this morning but Ellie nicely took Nick downstairs for breakfast and let me sleep a bit longer. We got dressed and got Ellie a change of clothes for her field trip and we went down and watched cartoons. We packed Ellie's lunch for her trip and then she was off to the bus stop. Nick and I cruised off to school, too.
I met Christi for coffee at Panera. It was lovely to catch up and visit but it never lasts long enough. We both hoped the field trip wasn't cancelled because of the weather. I picked up Nick from school and then we came home and had lunch. We just had down time this afternoon before going over to Mom's house. I was able to schedule 2 Patricia appointments - 1 this week and 1 next. I have to say, I am not as anxious as I was about my September surgery - I sort of know what to expect this time around.
I took Nick over to Mom and Dad's and Nick immediately had Dad downstairs to play with trains. Mom and I visited for a bit before I came back home to pick Ellie up for her appointment with Trish. The field trip was cancelled and she was bummed out - their class seriously has the worst record of weather related field trip cancellations. We got a snack and then drove up to Northbrook. It was bizarre - along the way we would pass through downpours of rain and then bright sunshine 2 blocks later. Ellie and Trish were going to go for a walk outside to the pond to see the swans but as soon as they got out the door it began to rain.
After their session we discussed the plan for the next month - Ellie will go next week but then we will try to space the last 2 visits out every other week. Trish suggested a children's yoga class might help Ellie with her breathing and relaxation techniques. We drove back to Mom's to pick Nick up and then we were in the car to come home.
I re-heated pasta from Sunday and just added some cheese and a loaf of bread and we were all happy. Rob and Nick played with legos while Ellie and I did some hidden object games. We went up for bed but Nick wasn't all about going to sleep when the light was very much still out outside. Rob ended up coming in to put him to sleep (preparation for next week) and I kissed both Nick and Ellie goodnight.
I watched Dancing and then we watched the Bulls win. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment