Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Rain, rain go away

Usual night around here - I was hoping Nick would sleep in a bit longer this morning but he didn't. We had breakfast, packed snacks and switched laundry loads. Ellie got off to the bus with her umbrella and I got Nick dressed and ready for school. He insisted he needed his umbrella to get into school from the car - about 30 or so feet.
I stopped by Salvation Army and lucked out on jeans for my ever elongating Ellie. I have been looking for something to wear for Easter but the way the weather is going a sweater might just work out fine. I did find a sleeveless floral shirt but that might have to wait for the summer. I still had time so I ran into Big Lots and got some food items.
I picked up Nick from school and then we came home for lunch. Nick isn't himself right now, he is most likely getting a cold but he is congested, has a dry cough and a tiny fever. I think because he isn't feeling right he goes from fine to frustrated very easily. It took a lot of time to fix lunch today because of this. I transferred laundry loads and then we went over to Mom and Dad's house so they could watch Nick while I took Ellie to CW.
I picked Ellie up from the bus stop just as the rain started to pick up again. We came home for a snack and washroom stop and then we were on our was up to see Trish. I forgot, we submitted our Girls on the Run entry today and I got a response from the office saying they still have my letter hanging up from the Fall - keep your fingers crossed. Ellie did her homework on the way up and I got a few minutes to talk with Trish before she met with Ellie. Ellie and I discussed her therapy needs and we have decided to finish out with Trish and then see how the summer goes - if we need to find someone again, we will.
Ellie and Trish played playground games today - hopscotch, hula hoops bozo buckets. I got an email while I was there saying I had won a contest I entered today to win a Easter dvd - winning streak can continue. Ellie and I filled up the gas tank (thank you Lake County) and went to get Nick from Mom and Dad's. Ellie helped Mom do some hidden object computer games while Nick finished up playing with trains with Dad and then we came home.
We had leftovers tonight - I need to clean the fridge out to re-stock with new stuff. After dinner Rob helped me shuffle laundry baskets up and down the stairs and then he played with Nick while I caught up on email and Ellie searched the internet for origami videos. Ellie has really gotten into origami - and she was trying to make a jumping frog tonight.
Long bedtime tonight - prompted by Nick dumping his Claritin in the sink before he drank it and me trying to get saline spray into his nose. Completely tired me out! Rob and I caught the last part of Dancing and then Parenthood and watched the marvelous lightening outside.
My feet were a bit better today not as sleepy feeling. The brown spots on my hands are finally beginning to fade. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment