Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rainy rummage day

Nick and I slept in this morning until 8:00 AM. We went downstairs and I made breakfast and we got clothes on and planned out our morning. We left Rob at home and were off to rummage sales. We started in Evanston - no luck at the first sale - prices were way too high. We lucked out with a few things from St. A's - craft kits, puzzles and a cash register. We had a major costume score at St. Francis - chicken, pirate, jester and batman. I was also able to find Ellie some jeans and a couple games. We finished in Wilmette and we found a Buzz Lightyear costume, some books and a puzzle. We headed to Cici's for Tony's kids birthday party. Nick made good on his promise to try noodles when he turned 4 and he ate about 10 noodles. Ellie was a big helper and replenished plates for the kids on the far side of the table. We drove Mom home because Dad left after lunch to get home for the meter reader. Rob was helping a friend out this afternoon so we stayed at Mom and Dad's until late afternoon. The kids tried on all the costumes and I have to say that provided some very good laugh therapy. Mom and I warmed up on the couch together while Dad took Ellie and Nick downstairs to play. We left and went to Fresh Farms to get groceries. It was so crowded there for a Saturday evening in the cold, wet weather. I knew when the kids kept asking for just about everything that we should never have come shopping hungry. We came home and Rob was already home and helped us unload the car. I fixed the kids sandwiches and fruit for dinner and they showed Rob all their treasures from the day. We got the kids to sleep which took forever for Nick to finally knock out. My feet have a very different feeling today - they are numb with an underlying tingle. I realized how numb they were when I was rubbing them in with lotion and didn't feel the rubbing. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment