Wednesday, April 13, 2011

All scheduled

Fell asleep on the couch last night and went up to bed around 4:30AM. Normal morning - the kids were up early and I was able to take a quick shower before they killed each other. Ellie got out to the bus and Nick has started hanging out in the window and knocking on it to wave to the kids as they pass our house. Nick and I were off to school and I think he has developed a crush on his one teacher because he wants to bring her flowers. I went to Mom's to help her finish up her taxes and change out Scarlett. We were able to finish her taxes before I needed to leave to pick up Nick. Nick and I came home and had lunch and I was able to call Dee to schedule my appointments. I will go for my lower GI on Good Friday and I will go for my take down on the 5th of May - 1 year and a day from diagnosis. I scheduled my pre-surgical physical for the week before. I found out that I can't have the lower GI and CT scan done at the same time because the CT prep can interfere with the dye used for the lower GI and vice versa. I emailed Margaret to ask if I should do my CT and blood work before my surgery or if I can wait until June. She emailed me back saying she would check with Dr. Marsh to see what he wants to do. Nick and I went to Northwestern early learning lab for a research study this afternoon. It was a different lab than we usually go to and Nick was a bit apprehensive and wouldn't talk during the actual session - he just roared like Lightening McQueen from Cars. At the end of the session he was able to pick out a book. We took advantage of being at NU and went for a walk along the lakefront. We stopped in at Mom's so Nick could tell them all about 'college'. He is always so excited to go there. Mom and Nick made up some snack mix and then we were on out way back home to get Ellie off the bus. Ellie had finished all her homework yesterday so we were able to go right outside. It is so nice that the weather is getting a bit warmer and the sun is staying out a bit longer. Rob came home and I talked with him for a bit and suggested that he might want to take the kids out for dinner. I had plans to go out for dinner with 2 of my grade school girlfriends, Dena and Laura. Rob cruised off with the kids to go to Red Robin and Dena came to pick me up. Dena and I had a wonderful chance to catch up on our drive to meet Laura. We haven't seen Laura in 22 years but we have been able to catch up over facebook. We had a great dinner and spent hours visiting - such a wonderful time. Eventually, it was time to say goodbye and go home but I had a great time catching up and comparing journeys with my friends. When I got home Rob was still up so I got to visit with him and he actually stayed up and watched George Lopez with me. I am feeling very accomplished today - lots of plans in the work. I thought it was fitting to have the take down a year after especially since Dr. Muldoon said on our first visit that this would represent a year in my life. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good evening with the girls. You have to let the folks who don't know, that a take down is not a wrestling move, but rather the reversal of your ostomy. I think the the 5th is a perfect date....very fitting! I checked, Kate is working early that day! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was awesome to see that you had fun with your friends...After this past year you needed some girl time.... I am proud of you for being so strong and POSITIVE!!!!! One more step on the journey. I Love You. Robert

    ReplyDelete