Monday, April 18, 2011

Snow? Seriously?

Usual night around here - Nick slept in this morning. Ellie and I got some time together this morning while Nick was still sleeping - we ate breakfast together. I changed loads of laundry and then Ellie and I heard Nick yelling good morning to us. We got Ellie off to the bus - had to dig out mittens and a hat. Nick and I lounged around for a bit before getting dressed and going over to Mom and Dad's. Mom and I changed out Scarlett and I knew she was going to be red and yucky today because I could feel the burn yesterday. I have enough supplies for another 7 changes and I am trying to stretch changes out so I don't have to order again. We did a hefty build up so hopefully we can get 3 days without too much breakdown. I had a 30% off Kohl's coupon so we headed to Kohl's and Trader Joe's this afternoon. I was able to find 2 sweaters and hand towels - all 90% off plus 30% off. Nick loves Trader Joe's because he gets to push a little cart. We found some dessert treats - mini ice cream cones and ice cream bars and some chocolate chip cookies. We hurried back home to pick up Ellie from the bus - got here a few minutes before the bus. I got my medical genetics report today and basically I could picture in my head a half tone ink sprawled across the pages that read 'fluke'. There is nothing in my genes that leads anyone to a rectal cancer diagnosis. My tumor didn't test positive (in 2 different tests) for Lynch so that basically provides me with 93% certainty ruling that out. We went back to Mom and Dad's house and Dad took the kids out for a walk - they were little icicles when they returned. We stayed for a bit before cruising to Aldi and then home. Strawberries were .99 - so we stocked up. We came home and Ellie cleaned out her backpack while I got dinner started - rigatoni, veggie medley, strawberries and garlic bread. Ellie was a big help and we watched Dancing while having a picnic on the rug. I got laundry loads switched and then Ellie and I went to work with our contest entry. The school isn't sponsoring Girls on the Run this Spring but Ellie and I still have plans to attend the race. There is a contest to win 2 race bids, dinner at American Girl and an overnight stay at the Drake. Rob got home and we got the kiddos to sleep - lightening fast bedtime for Nick. My feet are bothering me - I don't enjoy the whole feeling asleep alternating with pins and needles. I thought I was done with the peeling but yet another layer started to peel off today. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. When is the GOTR run? What's the contest topic? Thanks for the strawberry heads up! Hopefully our build up will carry you through 3 days...we'll see on Thursday, or Wednesday, if it doesn't. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete