Saturday, April 9, 2011

WooHoo its Saturday

I fell asleep on the sofa last night and woke up around 4AM and really debated going up to bed but I did. Rob was up and out the door around 5AM and the kids were up around 7AM. We had breakfast and tried to decide if there was anything anyone wanted to do today - Rob wasn't going to be home until around 5PM. We got dressed and headed to a rummage sale. We lucked out on the craft front with some new in package art sets - a silk screen set and a screen printing set. We left that sale and headed to a block sale in the city. Ellie got a couple gallon ziploc bags full of barbie clothes - probably the best buy of the day. When I was a kids you could get a Barbie outfit for a dollar or two - now a silly bathing suit is $10. Nick got a boy Barbie - not Ken but some other boy. We came home and the kids played very nicely together with play-doh and then with Barbies. I made lunch and we took a break to eat and then we got ready to go and enjoy the sun that finally came out. The kids took their roller coasters out and went back and forth between those and bikes and scooters - the jeep! I did some yard work - I found out that the city will till pick up leaves. I ended up raking and bagging 90 gallons of leaves. I only got about 10 % of the garden beds done. Dad came over to drop by some electronics for Rob to take to work tomorrow. The city is having a Spring Greening day and they are recycling just about everything. Rob pulled up just as Dad was about to unload - perfect timing. Dad left and Rob and I visited on the porch while the kids played. I came in and got my french toast casserole assembled to bake tomorrow morning. We are having a birthday brunch for my Mom's neighbor, Katherine. I started a bath for the kids and then started dinner. The kids smelled so much better after their baths. We had dinner and then I ran out to Michael's to pick up some supplies Ellie and I need for a project. When I returned home we got the kids to sleep. Rob went up to bed not too much later - he had a long couple days. I am feeling pretty good today. I have noticed my balance is a bit off, Carol told me this is part of the neuropathy. Looking forward to short sleeves tomorrow. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment