Thursday, April 21, 2011

All I can say is its Thursday

The usual around here last night and this morning. The kids were up too early for going to bed a bit late last night. We had breakfast, got Ellie a snack and then she was off to the bus. Nick sat in the window watching to make sure she got on the bus ok. I took Nick to school and then came back here to start cleaning our very trashed house.
I focused on the living room for the morning. I got everything out of there that didn't belong and I vacuumed and magic erasered the walls. I started in the dining room but wasn't motivated so I moved to the kitchen. I tried a magazine tip to clean the stove and I think it worked pretty ok - you pour boiling water on the grime and gross stuff and then you put a fabric dryer sheet int he water and the ick magically lifts.
I went to pick Nick up and then we went over to Mom and Dad's for a bit. We stopped for a milkshake for Nick. We had lunch together and then Nick played trains with Dad and Mom and I watched cooking tv. Nick and I cruised home to get Ellie off the bus. We came home and I finished clearing and cleaning the dining room table and then worked a bit in the back room. I still have some more work to do tomorrow but it looks so much better than it did this morning. I seriously don't think I have cleaned up since Nick's birthday party 3 weeks ago.
Rob came home and we had left over dinner at the clean table. The kids were watching Arthur and Rob was on the computer so I went to do wii Just Dance. Soon Nick and Ellie were down dancing with me. My arms are sore now but I figure I have to start doing some more moving around. We came up and had vitamins and medicine and brushes teeth and got the kids tucked in. Nick went to sleep super quick and I kissed Ellie goodnight but I was soon upstairs again because Ellie came down to let me know it sounded like Nick was going to throw up coughing so hard.
I went upstairs and Nick was indeed coughing pretty hard and his face was pretty red and he was sweaty and clammy. I tried to get him to drink some water but we was really sleep talking. I grabbed a garbage can because I knew the sound all too well. Nick is not a good thrower-upper. He does not lean forward or actively try to release fluid from him, he freezes and turns bright red. We ended up using the garbage can and Rob came up to help and Ellie refilled his water and got him kleenex. I made him some tea with honey and Rob stayed with him and told him some stories.
I forgot. I called anesthesiology today and requested Dr. Szokol again for my surgery - no promises but they will try. I have my lower GI tomorrow and I know that this should be a walk in the park but I am getting nervous. When I was diagnosed last year I got very use to dropping my pants and people poking and prodding my butt but that hasn't happened in some time now. From what I understand, I will go into radiology, get set up in a lovely hospital gown and they will inject the dye via a catheter into my butt. I will wait for a designated time and then they will take a series of x-rays.
My confusion comes in because I have no prep for this procedure not do I have the necessary means for the dye to leave my body. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment