Sunday, May 1, 2011

A lovely Sunday

I slept in Ellie's bed last night because when I went up to bed Nick was sleeping next to Rob and the bed was free - so I took it. I got to say that mattress is firm and not really so comfortable to sleep on. I also now can understand why Ellie gets up so early in the morning - her room is east facing and the sunlight is intense. Rob nicely took nick downstairs this morning and I transferred into our bed to sleep for another hour.
We read the paper and had our coffee and then got dressed and were on our way to Lowes. When Ellie was a toddler I bought plans to build a locomotive and caboose playhouse outside. Well over time we have misplaced the plans and found them and misplaced them again. We found them this past winter and decided it was a great time to build this play train. We picked up wood for the first part of the caboose and also wood to make some raised bed planters for the yard.
We came home and unloaded and Rob went right to work building my planters. I made him an iced americano to provide some fuel. We originally planned to build 2 4' x 4' planters but ended up with 3 planters - I am so excited. This is something that I am looking so forward to doing post-surgery. I am going to take Nick to pick out seeds tomorrow to start in the garden window. Nick and I went to pick Ellie up from mom and Dad's - they had a nice overnight and secret mission. Every year Mom delivers May Day flowers to family and friends and this year Ellie was part of the secret op. We came home and Rob made his second journey to Lowes.
He got the floor of the caboose built today and I think this is just the coolest thing. Dean came over and we walked to Emily Oaks nature center for Earth Day/May Day celebration. It was a real nice program this year - the kids got to dance around a May pole, make May baskets and flowers, make May tea, make a wish is the fire and in the pond, help bees harvest nectar for honey and be reporters for the news. It was a real nice time but the sun went away and the wind really picked up. We got a snack and walked home. Dean stayed and played with the kids for a bit. The kids entertained us with dress up - always fun to see what they come up with.
We went over to Mom and Dad's for dinner - Chinese tonight. We did a Scarlett change - red and irritated - I guess it really is time to send her packing. Ellie's tummy started hurting a bit before dinner - we subsequently found out his is nerves for my surgery Thursday. I thought we were a bit cooler this time around - I, myself, haven't been outwardly anxious or nervous and we know the outcome of this surgery - there are less un-knowns. Ellie is upset that I won't be home for Mother's day.
We had a nice dinner and then were on our way home. We got the kids to sleep early because of the late night last night. Rob and I got to watch our Sunday night tv until it was interrupted with the news of Bin Laden being killed. Interesting - now we need to get our troops home safely and end this crappy war.
My feet are super sensitive. Rob tried to rub them in with some lotion and I had to tell him to not rub so hard - I think they might have gotten worse since the acupuncture treatment. I also noticed my balance is somewhat off - not liking that so much. I have lower back pain that I haven't had in quite some time - probably some stress and nerves. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment