Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Difference in opinions

Usual night around here - I fell asleep on the ouch and woke up a bit after 4AM and went up to bed for a couple hours. Ellie was up before us and was already downstairs eating breakfast. I got clothes out for the kids and then Nick and I went down. Ellie and I packed her lunch for school and got her snack ready. Ellie walked to the bus stop and Nick tried to escape to walk with her. I applied my lidocaine and then Nick and I were on our way to school. I dropped Nick off and headed to Kellogg to see Dr. Marsh. I checked in and waited for my blood draw labels and went up to see Julia. Julia did my port draw and flush and then I was up to see Dr. Marsh. I don't know if the needle was a smaller gauge today or what but I have to say that the draw didn't hurt as much as the infusions did. Tammy, Dr. Marsh's nurse practitioner, came to get me and we went over my lingering neuropathy issues and my medications. Tammy did my exam and she called me tiny - not how I think of myself but I thanked her. Dr. Marsh came in and we discussed my neuropathy, my meeting with Carol last week, my appointment with Dr. Muldoon. On his agenda for me - a CT scan and labs in about a month and then to get Plum removed because I don't need the reminder of what it was there for. He said it is a very short procedure - they re-open the incision, pull the catheter out and stitch me shut. Of course, as predicted, Dr. Marsh wasn't cool with the no colonoscopy - he said that although Dr. Muldoon has very skilled hands they are not skilled enough to find polyps. We compromised and I said I would go this summer sometime. My white blood count is low - lower than it was most of my chemo. I went to get Nick from school and we picked up some milk to make milkshakes. Mom called to say come over for lunch so we stopped at home and made our shakes and then went to Mom's. After lunch I helped Mom get tax stuff done and helped Dad with some online forms. I got an email from Margaret saying she was bummed that we did cross paths today but to call her for my test results. I gave her a quick call and she told me the levels were back on my hormone blood work and we can pretty much conclude from the levels that I am post-menopausal. At least now I know if I see blood it is something that needs to be addressed because it shouldn't be there. Mom and Dad offered to watch Nick while I took Ellie to see Trish. Dad and Nick were going to go on a walk and enjoy the sunlight. I came home and got Ellie from the bus stop. We stopped in to get a snack and I grabbed a magazine to read and we were off to Cancer Wellness. Ellie did her homework on the way and I watched the trees and bushes and was amazed to see what the warm weather has done to the foliage. I hung out on the couch and read while Ellie had her session with Trish. When they were through Trish asked us to talk about what we might want to happen when she moves to California in a few weeks. I guess we will have to see when surgery is complete how Ellie is - in my mind, that is pretty much the final chapter but Ellie said she might like to still talk with someone. We drove back to Mom and Dad's to pick up Nick and Jo and T were over playing and visiting. Nick went with Mom and Dad to get their haircuts and was a well behaved boy. We came home and I got the oven preheating for pizza. Rob and Ellie brought the laundry up from downstairs and I went to work folding and putting away. Ellie helped me spice the pizzas and put them in the oven and then we made smoothies. I am trying to find ways to sneak some more calcium into our diets. Ellie pretty much made the smoothies - frozen berries, greek yogurt and cranberry juice. We had dinner and the pizza and the smoothies were really good. We got vitamins, brushed teeth and got PJs on and then we read books and got the kids to sleep. Watched Dancing and Parenthood and here I am listening to Conan and blogging. Feet are pretty numb today. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment