Sunday, April 3, 2011

So long Sunday

It was a late night last night because I wasn't tired - I went up to bed around 3AM. Nick woke up early - around 6:45 and was ready to go. Rob woke up around 7 and took the kids down to play and have breakfast. I went back to bed for about an hour. I had some coffee and breakfast, read the newspaper and then got the dining room table cleared off. I got the kids dressed and Rob took them outside for some fresh air. I talked to Christi for a few minutes comparing notes from spring break and confirming lunch orders for Su'nana and Catherine. Ellie was a super duper helper this morning. She got the kids table set up for Nick's party and got the crafts ready. Rob went to pick up lunch and Nick's guests arrived. Jo and Tony were first to arrive and then Christi dropped off the girls. Rob got home with food just in time for the kids to sit down and have hot food. After lunch the kids decorated wooden trains and we played pin the #1 on Thomas and put on Thomas tattoos. We opened up Thomas crackers and then had cupcakes for dessert. We ended Nick's party outside with bikes and scooters. We had a bit of down time before heading over to Mom's house for Family Sunday - we were celebrating Tony' birthday today. Mom had all T's favorite foods for dinner - mac and cheese, pizza, fruit, there was salad and ham and Grandma GG brought pork and stuffed shells. Jo had a death by chocolate cake for Tony. Needless to say, I thought I was done with the dual emptying until I ate dinner. I did some research and did find some posts to forums about the ability to have an active colon and an ileostomy and yes it is possible. One man said his doctor told him it was neurological and it was the waking up of his colon. Wonderful, I am glad my colon is awake now maybe it can nap until my reversal. Mom and I changed out Scarlett - she is not very happy right now - a bit of breakdown and tiny bit of blood today. I am placing my last order for supplies tomorrow. We came home and I really wasn't feeling great - I got PJs on and took a couple advil and set the hot pad and laid down on the couch. Ellie came and cuddled with me and then Nick came in too. We watched Monsters, Inc. and let the kids stay up a bit longer to finish the movie. I took a bit of a nap while they watched. Ellie went to sleep quickly, Nick not so much. I am listening to the huge storm moving through right now and was surprised that the temperature the news was reporting - 72 degrees? It was only 55 when we went over to Mom's tonight - must have risen. The thunder and lightening are very aggressive - wonder who will get up and who will sleep though the storm? I have my genetic counseling appointment tomorrow afternoon - interested to hear what he has to say. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Dad checked...it really is 71 degrees out there. I doubt it will stay there with this storm moving in so quickly. It was a very nice day today. Sorry you're not feeling so hot. I guess it's good that your colon has had its reawakening...now it can nap for a month! We'll see you around lunchtime tomorrow...let me know if you want me to bring lunch. Hopefully the kids played hard enough today to sleep through the booms and light show...love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete