Saturday, February 12, 2011

We did a bunch today

I listened to Jay Leno and then Craig Ferguson before going up last night. Ok night of sleep - I got to sleep in this morning because Rob woke up and took the kiddos down. Rob had my bowl of coffee ready for me when I came down and we talked while the kids played. I can't praise the bank we use for the kids enough - North Shore Community Bank - they continually have special things for the kids and so encourage kids saving (plus they have the best donut holes on Saturday mornings). Today, the bank was having saving buckets (Bozo buckets) and we had a jar full of change (thank you, GGs) to pour into the Coin King.
Rob stayed home to clean out his car and the kids and I went to the bank. The kids both made it to bucket 3 earning a piggy bank flash light key chain, a frisbee and a gold $1 coin. The kids had a couple donut holes and we made their deposit and we were off to Michael's. Michael's had kids crafts on a few weekends a month and today the kids could decorate a wooden frame. Both of the kids had such a wonderful time making their frames - they were the only kids there. We did a quick walk through the store and picked up a couple things before coming home.
The kids began to play and I decided to do some Valentine baking. Ellie and Nick helped at various times. We made cupcakes (devils food and vanilla cherry chip) and peanut butter cookie pops and chocolate chip cookie hearts. I made cream cheese cinnamon frosting for the cupcakes and then the kiddos were our delivery crew. We have some very nice neighbors who have been very nice to us during this cancer tour (some bringing us meals, some offering inspiration, some shoveling for us) and I viewed this as a way to sat thanks.
Rob wanted to go to Woodcraft to get some wood things that were buy one get one and we had nothing else to do so we decided to road trip. We had the most peaceful trip thanks to the dvd we picked up the other day at Half Price Books - Post Cards from Buster (an Arthur spin off). The kids were delighted to see that Buster had been to places they have been - Chicago, St. Louis and Florida. We found the newly re-located Woodcraft and Rob ran in to get his stuff. We decided to cruise up to our friend Geoff and Donna's to drop off some cupcakes and to give some hugs. We had an impromptu visit but it was wonderful to get some hugs and briefly catch up.
We had an early dinner at Cracker Barrel - the only place you can go on Valentine's Saturday - without crowds. We had a nice dinner fireside and the kids really liked their dinner - we decided to go home for dessert. I dropped Rob and the kids off and I went to Mom and Dad's for a Scarlett change. Scarlett is extremely un-happy and this could rank #1 in breakdown. I am so glad I only have about another month of the toxic chemicals because they really cause some havoc. I came home and the kids were ready for bed - so we went up for bedtime. I started with Nick, changed to Ellie and then back to Nick. I have been sitting with Rob talking, playing on the computer and blogging. Rob just went up to bed, I am listening to SNL - not as good as last week.
Minor tinglies today - really only when I came in contact with cold metal (the doorknobs, the faucet), some minor teeth pain. Just like it usually is, I feel almost better when it is time to go back in for another infusion - but only 2 more (technically, I should be done 2 weeks from Tuesday but we all know the side effects take time to wear off). We will all party when I get Dr. Marsh to provide me with that much earned word - remission. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment