Thursday, February 17, 2011

It has been a long week

I fell asleep on the couch sometime during George Lopez and woke up around 2AM and went up to bed. Usual morning around here except no need to bundle up today. Ellie got to the bus stop and I got Nick to school. I did a quick run to Salvation to try to find some green wool sweaters to felt - success. I went over to Mom's house for a bit to play with Tony and help get him in Mom's car because Mom and Tony were picking Nick up from school.
I went to my appointment and had an uneventful disconnect. I picked up lunch on the way back to Mom's and we ate out on the sun porch. I found the couch and passed out for the afternoon. The kids watched Toy Story 3 while I slept. Nick and I drove home to get Ellie off the bus and she began her home work right away. I took a couple minutes to finally pull our holiday decorations down outside (they have been turned off for over a month but the cold and snow made it impossible to get them all down).
Ellie had a play date with her girlfriend, Catherine this afternoon - very excited. Christi came to pick Ellie up for the play date and Nick and I played with Buzz Lightyear until he heard the door open and Rob come in. They went outside to get the higher up lights down and I think Nick just really wanted to be outside - cabin fever. I got a pizza into the oven for dinner and Rob helped me switch loads of laundry (but I learned something new today - rubber gloves make it so i cannot feel the cold switching loads of laundry).
Rob, Nick and I had dinner and then we waited to hear from Christi - King Julien from Madagascar was making a special appearance at the library tonight and we were going to meet there. Nick and Su'nana were a bit frightened by King Julien but Ellie and Catherine kinds dug it. He did him "I like to move it, move it" dance and then there were coloring pages and a photo op - pretty cool for a last minute thing. We said our goodbyes and thank yous and were on our way home - Ellie still had some homework to do.
Both of the kiddos took a bit longer to get to sleep tonight - I am sure because of the library event. I have major teeth pain today - gums really. My hands are very dry and red. I have minor aches from the neulasta shot - some arm, leg and lower back pain. Still have a few waves of nausea and I am just sleepy. I think by the next infusion my fingerprints will totally be gone - they have diminished on a few fingers already. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment