Monday, February 28, 2011

The ice storm

I couldn't even tell you what I really ended up watching on tv last night but I went up to bed somewhere after midnight. Since the kids went to bed early last night they were up early this morning. Nick first and then Ellie and they went down to play and watch some tv. I took advantage and took a quick shower before going down. Ellie had already fixed them french toast for breakfast and I sliced them up some fruit. The rain last night froze and was treacherous this morning. The car had a thick layer of ice on it and when you looked outside the trees had ice drops that glistened in the sun and really looked beautiful. I watched as Ellie carefully walked to the bus stop and got on the bus. I warmed the car up in hopes that some of the ice would melt - it did. I took Nick to school and then came back home and finished my felting project up - so neat.
I was able to sit and put my feet up for a bit before heading back to pick up Nick. Mom and I had made plans to go grocery shopping when I picked up Nick but Nick said he didn't want to go. Turned out that the new play kitchen/retro diner was due to arrive today - so it worked out to stay at Mom's house. A little bit after we got to Mom's the UPS truck pulled up - Nick jumped up and held the door open so the driver could bring it into the house.
We took the pieces out and I assembled while Mom applied all the decal stickers. Nick was sooo excited. So we spent the afternoon out on the porch putting it all together and making room for it. Nick got to play for a while - Mom and I changed Scarlett out. Once again, not a happy camper and for the first time the wax stuck and I ended up scratching it off which broke down the skin. Nick played in the box from the new kitchen until it was time to get Ellie - amazing how a big box can entertain.
Nick and I waited in the car to get Ellie from the bus but the minutes went by and the bus didn't come. Our neighbor, Russell, was told by a passing car that the bus was in an accident so I said I would drive and get Ellie and Rustine from the bus. The bus was right on the corner by school and Ellie said she wasn't sure if the bus got hit or the bus hit the other car but it was a fender bender. I got the kids from the bus and took Rustine home and then we were off to Affy Tapple to pick up some treats to take with to my appointment tomorrow. We went up the bus route and let the other families know the bus info because the bus and car were waiting for the police to come and file a report.
I was able to pick up the decedent chocolate covered caramels and gourmet pretzel rods at Affy Tapple for tomorrow. On the way home we stopped off at the market to pick up some basics for the week - so nice when the months go by and the produce we love comes into season. Ellie and Nick helped me pick out fruit and veggies and we got some meat and cheese for sandwiches. We came home and rob had just pulled in. The kids played downstairs while I put away groceries and flipped loads of laundry. Rob and Nick were heading out to do garbage and recycling while Ellie and I headed out to pottery.
Ellie found a few pieces that were fired that she needed to glaze - I agreed to glaze her big piece so she could work on a new piece today. Ellie was excited that all her pieces from last class were fired and looked beautiful. Sometimes glazing is trial and error because there is no color sample and you just have to try it out. Ellie and I came home and Rob had given Nick a bath - the kids had some yogurt and fruit and then we went up to bed.
Rob and I have been sitting on the couch watching Eat, Pray, Love - long movie - 2 hours and its still not over. I realized something today about the importance of fingerprints - they provide friction so you can actually do things - like open plastic bags or flip pages in the newspaper. I got a blister right in the center of my palm putting together the kitchen today - just adds to the hand syndrome. My bottom gum from where the teeth meet the gum to all the under my tongue are throbbing. Tomorrow is it - last infusion. Visualising my healthy and my healed body and the new normal - almost here, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment