Friday, February 11, 2011

Freaky Friday

I was watching Craig Ferguson when I heard Nick's footsteps on the stairs. I decided to just cuddle him down here and then carry him up to bed. Nick was up first and waited for Ellie to get out of bed to jump up and play with her. We had breakfast and got Ellie dressed in comfy clothes to jump rope today. Nick and I were planning a movie day today and we stayed in our PJs. I packed Ellie her lunch and snack and then helped her bundle up for the bus stop. Ellie was so excited to get to school that she went to the bus stop early.
Nick chose to watch the Indredibles first and I joined him on the couch and began to cut the hearts out of construction paper for Monday. We were about 30 minutes into the movie when I got a call from the school nurse that Ellie was in her office with a headache and feeling nauseous - oh no! Nick didn't want to get dressed but I threw on some clothes and brushed my teeth and we were on our way to pick Ellie up. We got back home and I got her some advil and a cup of tea. Ellie went up to her room to close her eyes for a bit and grabbed the garbage can on her way - just in time.
Ellie came down about an hour later - Nick and I were watching Herbie (Lindsey Lohan version) and he loved it. I was still cutting hearts out - I think the grand total was somewhere around 400. Ellie was feeling better and ate some food and I urged her to drink. I signed Ellie up on togetherville.com - think facebook for children and she played on the site today - finding new games and sending "goodies" to me. The kids ate Ellie's lunch and we added some leftovers to it.
Third movie in - Home on the Range. I was onto some personal Valentine crafts. The kids were growing tired of the couch and began to be a bit cabin fever crazy. We did a bit of a clean up - Ellie vacuumed and Nick helped me with laundry and we all helped clean up the basement from the Valentine crafts. We all worked together to make monkey bread for Mom and Dad's house tonight. We were celebrating Valentines Day tonight because Ellie and Rob will be at a Daddy/Daughter day out at American Girl Place on Sunday afternoon.
I finally persuaded Nick to get dressed - he really wanted to leave his PJs on all day and night. We packed up our stuff to go to Mom and Dad's house and were on our way there. Mom and Jo were making some appetizers when we arrived. We were trying to decide what to have Dad bring home for dinner - Paninos won. The boys helped get the table ready while Ellie lit all the candles in the sun porch and I got the fire going. Dad got home - all the kids were hiding for him to find.
We had a lovely dinner together and then dessert. Jo and Tony said goodnight and were on their way home but not before I could tickle Tony. We stayed for a while and the kids danced and kept us very entertained. Nick introduced us to Puta - his friend from space. We helped clean the table off and packed our stuff up and were on our way home. It was late so I got the kids right to bed.
Rob just came home from the basketball game and I sit here blogging. Tinglies still happening today - hands, feet and teeth. I am in need of some chill out time so I am going to say have a great weekend. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for helping to make it a special party night! Ok...is it Puta or Pato? And I'm still not sure if he lives right under the sun or the sign! Hope you have a relaxing night and a little down time all to yourself tomorrow. Scarlett...tomorrow or Sunday? Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete