Thursday, February 24, 2011

Too long Thursday

I need to get to bed at a more normal time tonight because the 5-6 hours of sleep is not doing me any good. I went up a bit after 2AM last night and didn't realize until I got up off the couch how cold I was. Nick was in bed next to Rob and he was so warm I decided to just leave him there are scoot in next to him. We were up early this morning - we got dressed (and re-dressed because Ellie didn't like what I picked out for her) and went down for breakfast. I got new breakfast stuff yesterday while grocery shopping and it was a hit this morning - chocolate chip pancakes. I helped Ellie bundle up for the bus stop and I made a pot of coffee.
I had a quick phone call with Christi and made plans for an afternoon play date. Nick and I bundled up and drove to school. Nick thought it was funny that chucks of snow were flying off the hood of the car and hitting the windshield. I went to Mom's house after I dropped Nick off. I arrived just in time to feed T his breakfast - pancakes. They flew into his mouth as trains, planes and automobiles. Mom gave him some raisins and he was making them into snowmen - the boy cracks me up. We changed out Scarlett - not bleeding today but still not happy. We visited and played for a bit before it was time to pick Nick up from school.
Nick got into the car complaining about his lip - a friend somehow collided with a kitchen tool into Nick's bottom lip and he said it was bleeding at school. We came home and I noticed both of Nick's eyes were sparkling with green glitter - it was like he had eye make-up on. I tried to get it off just so it wouldn't get into his eyes but glitter is not the easiest thing to remove. Nick helped me make cinnamon rolls and when I went to frost them after they came out I stupidly tried to push the pan back onto the counter and burned my hand. Not a big deal to some people but for me, who is cold sensitive - I couldn't run my hand under cold water or apply ice because it would have sent my hand into shock. I applied some calmoseptine to the burn but the deep throbby pain was incredible.
I got a call from Christi that they wouldn't be bale to join us this afternoon but we made plans to get coffee on Saturday. Nick was so sad that his girlfriend wasn't coming over and he cried and pouted for almost an hour. I finally convinced him to eat some lunch with me and we went downstairs to stream Wallace & Gromit. Here was our funny conversation: N,"want to sit on the couch with me?" Me, "I would love to sit on the couch with you - where can I sit?" N, "No, stay where you are."
We watched a couple episodes before coming upstairs to refill our drinks and play up here. Before long it was time to get Ellie off the bus and we came home and she did her homework. Nick found the bag of fortune cookies and he sat beside me eating one and I asked him where his fortune was and he told me he ate it - I really don't understand why he is teething at almost 4. My girl friend, Julie and I texted back and forth for a while - catching up a bit. Rob was going to be coming home a bit later and the kids and I were trying to decide what to do for dinner. We opted for movie night and we made sandwiches and watched High School Musical 3.
The kids were engrossed in the movie so I headed upstairs to take a quick shower and get things ready for bed. My feet continue to peel - I think I am going to start taking pictures of things - my red hands, my gross feet, Scarlett, Plum because pretty soon they will be memories. A bit before 7 the kids were flipping out and we went up to bed. Ellie read in bed while I tried to get Nick to sleep - one of the quickest nightimes ever. I let Ellie come back down to watch Wipeout and Rob came home while she was watching.
We finished Wipeout and Rob took Ellie up to bed. I have been playing on the computer and listening to my shows. My hand is very throbby right now - I cannot believe I burned it. Usual aches and pains today - hands and feet tinglies, sore gums and a bit of upper back pain. Waiting for the "storm" to move in and hoping we won't wake up to anything too deep. Visualising me healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. First, sorry I didn't call you back earlier. Kate called, we caught up a bit and then I started getting ready for Dad. We fell into our nightly patterns, and unfortunately, I remembered to call you back too late. I don' t like to call you and run the possibility of waking the kids...so, sorry. I'll give you a buzz in the morning. Next, thanks for the facebook security update....I changed my settings. Sorry about your hand. Keep the Calmoseptine going. I also noted you slightly changed your mantra tonight, "me healthy and continually healing body"...I believe you might have watched one too many episodes of Wallace & Grommit with Master Nick! I don't have Tony tomorrow...if the "storm" isn't bad, maybe you'd like to do lunch, maybe come back for a nap? Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete