Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mid week Wednesday (again)

I think I have a title and then realize its been used - might have to just start using the date. I think I went up to bed sometime after 1AM. We were all up this morning and got dressed and had breakfast. I cut up kiwi for Ellie for snack and bundles her up to go to the bus stop. I warmed up the car and then Nick and I were off to preschool.
I did a quick run to Glenview Community to check out their new offerings - I found a felted ball necklace that I can take apart to make my pins and a couple other things. I did grocery shopping - we had little produce and we needed milk and other basics. I picked up fixings for dinner tonight - pasta bake, meatballs, broccoli and cauliflower, honeydew and strawberries. I still had time so I ran into Wings - nothing good today and it seems like the prices have really gone up there. I ran through to pick up a coffee on my way to pick up Nick from school.
I picked Nick up from school where he was learning a bit of German today from the German teacher at the high school. We came home and had lunch and I began my felting project. In case you didn't know this trick - I will share - instead of using a sweater shaver or lint remover thing just take a cheap razor and shave the sweater. I had an entire sandwich size ziploc of shavings by the time I was done - which I can re-use in paper making - bonus. I cut the sweaters apart and I am excited to start my new project. This took the entire afternoon and while I was sitting at the dining room table doing this Nick took nail clippers and clipped the edge of our tv cabinet, ate the rubber stopper off his cup and took out about 2 dozen toys.
We got Ellie from the bus stop and she got to work doing her homework. I cleaned off the table for dinner and started prep for dinner. Rob came home to relieve me for a little bit before he needed to go tape the basketball game tonight. I switched loads of laundry and Ellie did recycling while Rob and Nick did garbage. I asked Rob if he would give the kids their bath before he left and I vacuumed the first floor - it was covered in salt from outside. Mom came over and started the fruit salad with the kids - Nick was trying to macerate the fruit - I coined the word/nickname lunanick tonight.
Dad came over and we had dinner - it was good, although, the chicken meatballs were pretty spicy. Dad and Nick took our timer apart to try to fix it - no luck. Ellie and Mom did a couple seek and finds from her new library book. We finished the evening with the kids showing their newly cleaned rooms to Mom and Dad. Dad read Nick a few books and Mom and Ellie hung out and then they tucked them into bed and kissed them before heading home. I got the kiddos to bed and came down and I have been playing on the computer. Rob came home not too long ago - the girls won the game!
Hands have been terribly sensitive today - my feet are just numb. My gums still hurt. I know Scarlett is un-happy because when I bend over I have sudden pain. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. No...no numbers. You must title your entries. I look forward to your creativity. It's a good challenge for your chemo brain. Thanks for dinner. The house looks great. I meant to check out the bathroom while I was upstairs, but there were so many distractions...how long before the distractions fell asleep? See you for change out tomorrow. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete