Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super bowl Sunday

I had such a laugh watching SNL last night with Dana Carvey hosting - it brought back memories of how SNL used to be funny. I heard Nick scream out Mommy during SNL but I heard Rob walk into his room to see what was happening - a nightmare. I watched the 2 Chicago shows after SNL and then went up to bed. The kids and Rob were up at normal time but I stayed in bed and slept a bit longer.

What do you know, we woke up to snow, again. It at least covered all the dirty snow up but it just kept on snowing. Rob had to shovel to find the newspaper. We read the paper and had our coffee - the kids were still working on their Valentines. I read in the paper about flat roofs and snow and asked Rob to shovel off our roof over the back room. I told the kids the snow fairy was here and they watched as Rob shoveled the snow off the roof and it fell in the yard - Nick believed it, Ellie not so much.

I can't really tell you we did anything else with our morning or early afternoon. I did some laundry, some dishes and we just kinda hung out. We went to Mom and Dad's for family Sunday - we were celebrating Chinese New year -
SERIOUSLY MAD - I just finished my rather long blog entry and pressed publish and it gave me an error message and only auto saved the first couple paragraphs. I don't know that I have the energy to re-cap the whole thing again...

Mom helped me change out a still, unhappy, Scarlett - at least there is only about another month of un-happiness. We had a wonderful dinner with no shortage of food - chicken fried rice, spring rolls, crab rangoon, stir fry veggies, hibachi chicken, beef and broccoli, sesame noodles, fish and fruit - I am sure I am forgetting something but everything was delish and tasty.
The kids kept us entertained during dinner and after. After dessert we did a quick clean up and came home to watch the super bowl. Rob was much more interested in the game than any of us and he kept telling the kids to watch. I took advantage of the kids being occupied and ran up to shower - I smelled like Chinese cooking and I couldn't stand my smell anymore. I came down and halftime was about to happen - this is what the kids and I were looking forward to. I have said before that Nick has learned all his dance moves from his Dad but I think he has partially learned some end zone football dancing. He was cracking us up dancing to the Black Eyed Peas - knee moving, hip rolling and arm waving - too funny we totally need to video tape him.
We got the kiddos ready for bed and tucked in and then Rob and I watched the rest of the game - laughing at some of the commercials. Rob went up after the steelers lost (that is who he was rooting for). I have listened to the tv as I blog and now re-blog -- trust me this is a much shorter version. I realized I was pretty achy today and then realized that I had neglected to take my claritin the last two nights. My feet are still terribly annoying and it didn't help that the kids kept accidentally stepping on them today. I thought my hands were doing pretty good until I stepped outside to go to Mom and Dad's - tinglies galore. My teeth are still bothering me and I think Jo gained some appreciation to the feeling today when she sampled a crab rangoon right from the 400 degree oven and exclaimed she didn't know her teeth could burn. Not looking forward to the absolutely cold temperatures this coming week. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment