Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bargain day

I watched late night tv and fell asleep on the couch last night. I was actually dreaming about Nick waking me up when I was snapped awake by the sound of the upstairs gate and the footsteps down the stairs. He wanted to climb under the quilt with me but I told him we needed to go back upstairs to sleep. We went back up and went back to sleep. Nick slept in this morning, I brought Ellie down some clothes and she got dressed while I made her breakfast. Nick woke up after I got the dishes done and Ellie's backpack packed. Ellie bundled up with layers and was off to the bus stop.
Nick woke up and he got dressed and I made him breakfast and then we were off to school. Jo took the day off of work and joined me this morning for some bargain shopping. Jo met me at our house and we were off to Glenview Community Church - 90% off this week. We got there a bit after they opened and it was already packed with people. I did end up with 2 bags full of clothes and books for $13.00 - big finds were an American Girl wool dress coat and matching hat - $3.80, a wool dress coat for me, a few neck ties for Rob and some clothes in the next size for Nick. We still had some time and I talked Jo into VonMaur to check out shoe clearance. Unfortunately, we didn't find any shoes for either of us but we did luck out on some shoes for Tony and Nick. The best thing about VonMaur is their open ended return policy - as long as you have the receipt you could return something 5 years from now. This helps when you find awesome shoe deals but can't anticipate the size your kids will be next winter. I got Nick a pair of boots and gym shoes and T got a pair of boots and crocs.
We made a quick stop at the bakery for a treat and then we picked up Nick from school. We went back to Mom's and she made lunch for us - garlic noodles and an asparagus fritata - yummy. The boys ate their donuts and then we went out onto the sun porch to play. The boys entertained the way they always do - I can't recall what made us laugh but Nick made us really laugh a couple times. We got into the hot mess category shortly before we needed to leave to get Ellie.
The news of the day - the Skokie sidewalk plow came by today, yes 9 days after the blizzard of 2011. The bus was rather late today but came and then we went home. Ellie started her homework while Nick and I did some laundry. He is a becoming quite a good helper - he sorts the dirty laundry by color and then helps me take the washer load into the dryer and then separate the dryer by person - not so good on the folding yet. We got Nick's Valentine's ready for school tomorrow - he just wanted to eat the treats.
Rob got home as I was getting the kids into the bath - Ellie taught Nick how to blow bubbles under water - might be time for swimming lessons for him. The kids got their PJs on and we blow dried their hair and then it was time to get dinner in. I taught Ellie how to chat online with Mom when they are both on the computer and I handed the computer back to Ellie and told her she could now talk to Grams - Ellie thought it was skype and she started talking to Mom - we had a good laugh. We had pizza, fruit and veggies tonight. The kids watched Dino Dan while Rob and I caught up in the living room. We went up for bedtime and Rob was playing cards with Ellie when Nick decided he wasn't going to sleep for me - so Rob and I changed and we got the kids to sleep.
I have been listening to tv as I blog and play on the computer. The extreme cold was not good for the hands, feet or nose today. My head just started to hurt - I think another headache might be coming on. Teeth are still way annoying and my hands are still peeling. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment