Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I watched 190 North and then turned on food network - I think I feel asleep on the couch for a while before heading upstairs to bed. We were all up before the alarm went off and got dressed in pink and red and went down for breakfast. I packed up Ellie's backpack with a snack and her Valentine's and she was on her way to the bus stop - instead of the need to avoid ice today she had to avoid puddles.
Nick and I went to Costco to try to find dinner for tonight but were un-inspired. We did get muffins for breakfast, fruit, chicken sausage and meatballs and pizzas. We stopped by Affy Taffy on the way home and found that the chocolate/caramel pretzels and candies were all on sale - we picked up a handful of things for dessert tonight. Nick helped me carry the groceries in and we put things away. We had lunch and then I got to the food prep for today's party. I dyed the milk pink and flavored in with vanilla extract and I made up the chocolate pudding cool whip frosting for the chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes.
Nick and I headed off to Ellie's school for the party. The party was chaotic - as all parties at school are. The kids loved decorating their own cupcakes. I had 3 crafts for the kids to do and once again, I was amazed at how different they all decorate. They made Valentine wreaths, tissue paper hearts and candy necklaces. They passed out their Valentine's and many of the kids gave Nick candy, too (very nice). When we left school, Nick ran ahead (he punched his chest and took off like Buzz Lightyear but didn't stop like Forrest Gump). Luckily, no cars were going through the intersection when he decided to keeping running and full speed right across the street and down the next street. We had a lengthy conversation about safety and the need to stop when the sidewalk ends and the street begins.
We came home and I un-packed all the party stuff and Ellie began her homework. I got stuff ready for our Valentine dinner - made a fruit salad, got a new tablecloth on the table and set out candles and decorations. Rob came home with chocolate covered strawberries and I had put the garbage and recycling out and he took it back to the cans for me. I suggested that Nick take a bath as a diversion so Ellie I could leave to go to pottery.
Ellie and I headed off with a stop in at Mom and Dad's to change out Scarlett - much happier than the other day. In pottery, Ellie finished her patchwork container and made a pinch pot change holder and I glazed Ellie's pieces from last week. I had no inspiration to work with clay tonight and I find when I don't have an idea in mind I never really like what I end up making. We picked up dinner on the way home and came home and Rob and Nick had set the table for us.
We had a very nice dinner, we dimmed the light and turned on the decorations and we had kid and adult champagne. The kids opened their cupid bags and were very happy with their new dvds and watches. We had dessert - the chocolate covered strawberries and the chocolate covered caramels. Mom and Dad got us a chocolate chip coffee cake but that will be good for breakfast. We took the kids up and brushed teeth and got ready for bed.
I have been listening to tv and blogging and playing on the computer. I am feeling about 99% better which means tomorrow must be infusion day. My tinglies are so liking the warm up and I look forward to this eek being warm - probably my first infusion that isn't dramatic weather. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day! We enjoyed our tea...thank you. In case I forget, your Adept powder is here. It's by the door, so hopefully I'll remember. Hope tomorrow goes smoothly. Did you take your Claritin? I'll bring Nick back here after school tomorrow...we'll do a project. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete